Chapter Three • Truth or Dare

Okay, first class. Hufflepuffs. Perfect. Remus and Claire really did enjoy herbology but with the James and Sirius it wasn't quite enjoyable for students that actually cared about school.

"Okay, everyone! You know the drill! Partner up. Claire immediately looked at Lily but of course, James had gotten to her first. Boy, he must really be fast. Okay, that's fine. Marlene? Nope. Why were Marlene and Sirius partners? Yeah, okay. That leaves...Remus. "Do you-" Claire began but Remus had already walked over to the empty seat next to James and Lily and was nodding at her.

Claire walked over to Remus and smiled at him as she sat down. "Hi," Remus said as he grabbed the plant from across the table. "Hi, Remus," Claire said as she examined the plant Remus grabbed.

"Okay, students! For our first week we will start off with something that should be easy for you," Professor Sprout said, picking up her own plant. "I hope you all chose your partners wisely because for this project you will both be helping to take care of this plant and whoever's is best tended to will win!" She continued.

Claire saw Marlene and Sirius high five. "No offense, Sirius," James began "but I don't think you guys are going to win. It's obviously going to be us!" He declared as Lily rolled her eyes at him. "Well, I think that the two love birds over there will win," Marlene jumped in, pointing to Remus and Claire. "Marlene!" Claire snapped. "Oh yeah! It will be them!" James added. "They're the plant nerds anyways!" Remus gave a fake laugh and looked at Claire. "Sorry about him," They both said in unison. They both laughed nervously.

For the next few minutes they all studied and watered their plants, talking awkwardly and laughing. Jame, Claire, and Sirius were arguing about something quidditch related while Lily and Remus tended to the plants. Marlene, well she was in her own world.

"And since I'm feeling extra generous today I'll let you have the hour off to take care of your plants!" Sprout explained. James and Sirius's faces lit up. "Hell yeah!" Sirius yelled, holding his tiny plant in his hands. "Mr. Black!" Sprout called and Sirius shuddered at the name. "Calm yourself, child." She smiled as the rest of the class flooded out of the green room.

The rest of the day went fairly smoothly. James and Sirius got a few detentions but had worked their way out of them. Claire had to hand it to them. Considering what idiots they could be, James and Sirius were very good at getting out of trouble.

When they got to dinner, James had been walking around laughing with Sirius and Peter and sometimes he would even put his arm around Lily. She would blush then throw it off as usual but everyone still laughed as they would unknowingly flirt.

They sat down at their usual spot at the Gryffindor table and drank all of their pumpkin juice right away. "So, after dinner Marlene and I were thinking some truth or dare. How would you lads like that?" Sirius said putting his arm around Marlene.

"What's that?" Asked Dorcas, sitting across from Marlene. Sirius's eyes went wide and he brushed the hair out of his face. "You don't know Truth or Dare!?" He yelled. Some of the kids next to them stared but Sirius didn't mind.
Marlene proceeded to explain all of the rules to them.

"I'm okay with that," Claire said smiling at Sirius and Marlene who, by the way, seemed almost too excited about this. Everyone else agreed as they hurried to finish their food. James was not someone to mess with when he was hungry so it was a good thing they would eat before.

After dinner, they all ran up to the common room and made sure nobody would distract them from their game. James sat next to Sirius and Lily, Dorcas sat next to Marlene and Mary, Claire sat next to Mary and Remus, and Peter sat next to Sirius and Remus.