Chapter Fifteen • The Difference Between Wolves and Remus

That night, the friends all sat up in the common room talking about tomorrow's Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. Their professor had been fired for mysterious reasons and a new one would be coming the next day.

Remus's cheek was still red from Eden's hand. Claire leaned against him as they sat on the floor by Lily's feet. The fire glistened in front of them as Sirius went on about his cousin Andromeda who had sent him a letter for the first time in a while. "She told me that their daughter could talk now and was already showing signs of magic!" He told them, smiling wider than he ever did talking about family.

It seemed that Remus enjoyed playing with Claire's rings while they held hands because he did it every time now. She didn't mind, but she did notice how fidgety he got. "Dromeda said that she's going to come visit us over the holidays and bring Nymphadora with her!" Sirius continued.

Remus and Claire liked when Sirius talked about Andromeda because she was the only family member he actually liked. Regulus was okay but the brothers still had their differences. Sirius was still really protective of Andromeda and Regulus though.

"Hey, you okay?" Claire whispered to Remus. "You've been really quiet since this morning." Remus swallowed and looked as if he didn't want to talk about it. "I'm fine. Rough transformation that's all," He said. Claire could believe it. He had a few new scars and his fingertips were blue almost all day. She kissed his hand and continued to listen to Sirius.

The way Sirius talked had changed a lot since first year. He was more laid back now and could use cuss words frequently without catching himself. In first year, he sounded exactly like how you would expect a rich Pureblood to sound. His voice was smooth and deeper now, Mary had noticed too. She was always watching him in classes and would try her best to sit by him. Must be a crush.

~

At breakfast the next day, the whole hall was chatting on about the new teacher. He was the talk of the town amongst the girls especially. A lot of them had been hoping he was attractive. "I wonder if he'll be married," Some girls would say. Luckily, they had Defense pretty early in the morning.

The group walked out of the hall and turned into the corridor to make their way to Defense. They all thrived in this class and helped each other with grades. The door to Defense was already wide open and a few people were already in their seats. They took the two empty tables by each other and pulled out their texts.

"Mary! Did you hear that apparently he got fired for hooking up with that seventh year Hufflepuff!" Claire whispered as they discussed their old professor. "Wait- was it the boy that always came in to talk after class?" She asked, putting her quill down for a second. "Yeah! I always knew he was a bit queer," Marlene added, sticking her blonde head in their conversation. The girls were sitting at one table and the boys at the other.

For a second, they thought the teacher was coming out but it was just McGonagall. "But you have to know everything about the subject before you can teach it!" She said before realizing the students were sitting there watching them. "Oh! Hello students. Don't mind us!" The new professor said rushing McGonagall away.

The witch rolled her eyes, seeing Remus. She gave him an apologetic look before leaving the classroom. Remus looked back at her confused before the new professor made them all sit. "So, your headmaster...erm Derm-Dumb- Dumbledore! That's his name. Anyways, he told me that last year something came up during your time learning about...drumroll please..." The man said waiting for everyone to play fake drums against the table or something.

Everyone looked around at each other and quietly tapped their laps. "We'll work on it," He said, pacing back and forth across the room. "WEREWOLVES!" He yelled all of the sudden and Claire saw Remus flinch. James and Sirius looked at each other nervously after the sudden out burst. The professor was twitching as he screamed.