Chapter Seven • Secrets and Squabbles

After the O.W.L.S. during the week Remus, Claire, Sirius, and James were talking about everything they'd do over the break together. Everyone was in such a good mood when they got their test scores back and the upcoming break was making them even happier.

Claire and Lily were packing up their trunks for the break while Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary all hung around the dorm. Those three would be staying at Hogwarts over the break for some "time without the stuck ups" as they said. Lily was going to her house per her mum's request even though she had no desire to go and see her sister Petunia.

Every once in a while Claire would slip out while Lily was talking to the other girls and go visit the guys in their dorm since they couldn't come in the girls' dorm. James would ask what Lily's doing then go pack to his packing. Remus was lost in all of his books and clothes that he wanted to take with so he didn't notice her most of the time.

"Claire, have you seen the sweater that you bought me last Christmas?" Lily asked, rummaging around in her clothes. "Yeah I think I saw it over in Marlene's trunk," Claire replied. She was towards the last of her packing when she came across the sweater that Remus had lent her last Sunday. "I'll be right back, Lils," Claire said, holding the sweater in her hand as she ran down the steps.

She went back up into the boys' dorm but the only person that seemed to notice her was Peter. He saw the sweater in her hand and immediately recognized it. Claire put her finger up to her mouth to silence him before sneaking over to Remus by his bed. His hair was all messy and the shirt he was wearing was a size to small, making it a little tight against his body. She quietly walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him from behind.

Remus slightly jumped, not expecting her touch. He relaxed pretty soon though and turned around to hug her from the front. She stood up taller and placed a small kiss on his cheek before handing him the sweater. "Oh, this old thing," He said nervously, taking the sweater from her. "Thanks." Remus smiled at Claire anxiously and kissed her lightly on the lips.

"We get it! You're like in love or something but P.D.A. much!" Sirius called from over by James. They all laughed and went back to packing. "I'll see you later, Remus," Claire said happily as she walked back down to the common room. Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary had made their way down to the common room and were all sitting at the table together, reading. Weird.

Claire didn't let that phase her though, she jogged back up to her dorm to find that Lily was all packed. She was sitting anxiously on the edge of her bed with her suitcase right next to her. "You okay, Lily?" She asked, walking over to her own luggage. She placed the last few sweaters and a few books in her bag before closing it. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't want to go home," Lily replied, laying back in her bed. "I love my parents and all but it's Petunia. She'll call me a freak a few times, steal my clothes then never talk to me again. It's the same thing every time."

Claire had sympathy for Lily. She couldn't just sneak off to her friends house and stay with them forever like Claire had done. She was stuck with her sister for the rest of her school career.

Claire set her luggage on the ground and walked over to Lily's bed to sit next to her. "Well, if you need to, I'm sure the Potter's will let you stay for a while," Claire said sweetly.  Lily turned to her side to face Claire and smiled. "What would I do without you?" They both giggled a little bit and talked about Christmas.

After a while, they heard yelling coming from the common room. Remus and Sirius were standing there with there luggage , yelling in each other's face. "What is going on here?!" Lily yelled causing both Remus and Sirius to turn and look. Claire was right behind Lily, watching Sirius and Remus. The minute Remus saw Claire he leaned his head back and groaned in complaints. "It's nothing!" He called as Claire and Lily started walking up to them. "Really, it's nothing."