Chapter Sixteen • Peter and His Knowledge on Girls

The next morning, James, Claire, and Sirius had gone down to breakfast early while the others slept. They'd be going to Hogsmead after eating though, so the others better hurry.

"Do you have any idea why Moony came into our common room at 2:45 last night?" Sirius asked Claire.

"Uh...no."

"Oh really?" James jumped in. "Because he was blushing furiously when he came back. Did you at least happen to say something to him before he left?"

"No. I didn't see Remus after last night in the common room."

A few girls passed them and waved at Sirius, he winked back flirtatiously and James scowled. "How come you get EVERY SINGLE GIRL! And I can't even get Evans to like me!" He whined. Claire just laughed as he threw his head down on the table. Sirius patted his back and drank his tea. "You'll get there someday, mate! Ooh...speaking of Evans..." Right then, Lily and Remus came in holding their books.

Remus sat down across from Claire, next to James. Lily sat on the other side of Claire, ignoring the way James looked at her. "Have any of you seen Sev?" Lily asked, putting her books down. "Not if I don't have to. Has his nose gotten bigger?" Sirius joked, slamming his cup down on the table to make James jump. "Will you be nice for one second? I need to talk to Severus," she snapped back, looking around the Slytherin table.

"He'll turn up. I mean we have History with him," Claire assured her. "And Lily I know you won't like this but..." Claire turned to the boys desperately. "When are you going to get back at Sniv- Sev and Reggie?" Lily rolled her eyes and began to doodle on the cover of her book. Childish grins appeared on all of their faces as they looked around to make sure nobody was listening.

"You just wait, Wellwood. Trust us," James said slyly. Sirius had already gotten distracted though. He was now watching Lily draw across her book, looking at the pictures closely. "Not bad, Evans. You need to make the eyes a little bigger though," he said. The others looked over to see what she was drawing. James. "Thanks, Black. I didn't know you liked to draw," Lily said, not looking up. For once, Sirius actually looked genuinely happy talking about something.

"Well who do you think drew that map of ours?" He said proudly.

"I did," Remus cut in, watching Sirius.

Everyone laughed except Lily. "What map?" She asked, looking at Claire. "You would think love struck James here would've told you already," Claire laughed. Lily hit her on the back of the head. "What map?" The boys looked around at each other and said "It's Remus's map but we added all these secret passageways that we found. And get this," James went on. "It's tracks people and where they are every second!" Lily looked astonished. "Voice down, Potter!" Sirius hissed.

"We don't have anyone tracked yet though," Remus added, smiling over at Claire. "Well do you have me and Marlene and Mary and Dorcas? I'm sure Lupin has already put a tracker on this one though," Lily asked, pointing at Claire. The others laughed (minus Claire). "I guess you aren't that bad," Sirius said to Lily, smiling at her.

Eden's friend began walking over towards their table once the others had arrived . "Um...hey Sirius!" She said nervously. "You look great." Sirius didn't even look up from his food but said "Thanks for noticing. I brushed my hair more thoroughly today." The girl smiled down at him, despite the fact that he didn't even look at her. A voice came from behind the girl and they immediately recognized it.

"Desdemona! I told you these people were liars! What are you even doing?" Eden called, coming up next to Desdemona. "I told you to call me Des! You know I don't like my full name!" The friend snarled, ignoring her other comments. "Hello, Lupin," Eden said, dismissing Desdemona. "Hello," Remus said, only paying notice to Claire who was now playing a drawing game with Lily and Sirius.