Chapter Thirteen • Potions

The next day, back to classes, everyone seemed to ignore the thing with Eden. Of course, things with Snape and Regulus grew more intense.

All through classes they all planned their next deal with the Slytherin boys. In potions, Eden kept making eyes at Remus, but he focused on Claire instead. Unlike last year, they got to choose who they worked with. It got pretty annoying really, Eden silently flirting with him. A few times, Eden's friend would call for him.

"Hey Lupin! Can you come help us with our potion?!" They would call. He tried his best to make them irrelevant but of course, Slughorn was no help with that. "Remus, my boy, if you helped them it might be more natural during your tutoring lesson," He would say. Remus couldn't just say 'no' to Slughorn though.

Claire would fill with rage as she saw Remus showing them how to fix it. The way Eden looked at him was enough to make her fume. "I'm sure it's fine," Peter said to her from behind. She faked a smile at him and returned to her own potion.

After Remus came back frustrated, he
would smile sweetly at her then add the new ingredients. Neither of them were that good at potions but they did get good marks on their exams. They weren't nearly as skilled as Lily and Snape were but they didn't let that get to them. "So when do you start with Eden?" Claire asked, nonchalantly.

"Tomorrow."

"Oh, nice. Are you guys just gonna go to the Library or something?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, okay."

"Remus! Ours doesn't look right! Can you help?" Eden's friend called. "Not right now, Greengrass," He said, not even looking at them. "I didn't know her last name was Greengrass," Claire whispered, stirring their mixture. "Over the summer," Remus said. "She vowed to marry that Slytherin named Greengrass, so people just started calling her that in advance." Claire nodded, looking over at Eden and the girl. "She hates it," Remus smirked.

Potions was their last class before dinner, leaving them a few hours before it. Marlene, Lily, and Claire were going to go down by the lake, despite the cold and study. "Shit! I forgot my Defense book!" Marlene said, stopping at the end of the corridor. "I'll go with you to get it," Lily said, pulling her away. "Meet us at the tree!" Lily called as they ran back to Gryffindor.

Claire began walking alone outside. She was just about to step outside when a voice came from down the hall. "Oi! Wellwood! Looking good in that skirt!" She turned around to see Mulciber there, looking her up and down. "Piss off!" She hissed, trying to leave.

"Don't play dirty with me, Wellwood," He said, moving towards her. "I don't want to 'play' with you at all," She said, stepping backwards. He pulled out his wand and before she could do the same, he had it up to her neck. "Silencio!" He hissed. Mulciber pushed her up against the wall, still holding her at wand point.

Mulciber grabbed the books from her arms and was about to spit out some sort of spell. "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing!" Sirius called from a bit away. All four of them began to run over to Mulciber and Claire. James pulled out his wand right as Snape came around the other corner. "Ex-expelliarmus!" Peter stuttered at Snape.

His wand went flying into Peter's chubby hand and he looked very pleased with himself. "Alarte Ascendare!" Remus yelled, causing Garrick to go flying. "Good one, Moony!" James called running over to Claire. Sirius and Peter were still focused on Snape, although they held in laughs as Mulciber flew up in the corridor.

Remus followed James up to Claire and did the unsilencing spell. "Are you okay? Did he touch you?" Remus asked as James watched Mulciber in the air. "I didn't touch her, Lupin!" He cried in the air. "Yeah! Let him go!" Snape added before Sirius performed the same silencing spell on him. "Keep your enormous nose out of this, Snivellus!"