Chapter 18 - Lightning Cat

Third Person Point of View

"Sakura!" Naruto caught up with Sakura before she could leave without nobody in sight.

"How did you..." Sakura in shock to find Naruto with her. However, she believes he's here to stop her. "I know what you're thinking! That there'd be nothing I could do even if I were to go...! But I hate myself just standing here doing nothing! Always being a hindrance to and taking advantage of everyone... Not being able to do one single thing respectably... It's useless to stop me!"

"Who said I'm stopping you?" Naruto words made Sakura at disbelief. "You should do it until you're satisfied... But... I'm going too!"

"But..." Sakura's head went down. She wanted to do this alone. Even if Naruto wants to come too, it doesn't feel right to only have just the two of them.

"It's become just the two of us... But we're a four-man squad, right?" Naruto said smiling. "You coming out, (y/n)?"

(y/n) appears next to Naruto. She has her Fire Shizengan on so they wouldn't notice her. Yet, Naruto notice her anyway. "How did you know I was following you guys?" She asks him.

He laughs and scratches the back of his head, "I was just guessing really... Hehe... But I know you're not going to stop us either!"

(y/n) honestly wanted to stop them. The moment she saw Sakura's face, she knew her comrade is planning to go after Sasuke. (y/n) still hates how Sasuke had hurt her so coldly and a part of her doesn't want to see him again. After she heard the mission failed, she partly feels sad that Sasuke didn't return. Soon enough sees that it's too late and believes to never see him again due to him being a new vessel. She couldn't tell Naruto and Sakura that it is impossible now. However, she wants to see it for herself if it is too late. As well as make sure he doesn't harm them.

"Of course I wouldn't stop you two," (y/n) said to them. "Did you think you two can leave without a fellow member of Team 7? Besides, I'm a chunin now, so someone's needs to take lead in this mission."

"Ha! Like we'll ever leave you!" Naruto said.

"Right!" Sakura agrees.

"Hello, you three!" Master Jiraiya appears out of nowhere mkaing the team surprise.

"Pervy Sage? What the heck!" Naruto shouts complaining.

Sakura looks at him being amazed, 'This person... Is Jiraiya, one of the Legendary Sannin?'

"If you go without permission, you know what would happen to the three of you...? If you go across of the border of the Hidden Leaf Village, it means imprisonment and forever as a rogue ninjas!" He said trying to scare them.

"It's no use stopping us!" Naruto shouts at him. Letting him know their goals won't change.

"I won't stop you!" Master Jiraiya words puts the three confuse. "There been Investigate and reports on the Land of Rice Paddies where the village Hidden in the Sound is and where Sasuke has been taken away."

Naruto, Sakura, and (y/n) are amazed to what they heard. Amazed to hear he has found a location of the Sound Village. Where Orochimaru and Sasuke are located.

Master Jiraiya continues, "The mission is set to be carried out in a group of four. As of now, you will be working under me. Got a problem?" Naruto and Sakura didn't have any problems of it. Master Jiraiya looks at (y/n). "You got a problem, girly? I know you just become a Chunin, but better I lead."

"I got no problem with it," (y/n) said. Then the team start their mission.

Orochimaru's Lair - (Y/N)'s Point of View