Chapter 38 - Smile

Third Person Point of View

The war is over, but not for Naruto and Sasuke. The two continued to fought each other till the end. Kakashi Sensei, Sakura, and (y/n) caught up to them and found them at the place they knew would be at. Landing on the destroyed statues of Madera and the first Hokage.

"There they are," Sakura said.

"Of course they would be here," Kakashi Sensei said.

Sakura and (y/n) look at each other before they jump down to the boys. Kakashi Sensei let them go and watches his students from where he sits. The girls quickly saw the boys have lost one of their arms and quickly starts healing them. For a while, there's only silence between the four.

"Thanks, Sakura-chan and (y/n)," Naruto said while smiling. Happy to see the girls had found them in time.

"Sakura... I-"

"Be quite," Sakura cuts him off. "I need to concentrate."

Sasuke was stay silent for a moment. He watches the girls heal them, but feels he doesn't deserves to be healed up by both of them. Mainly healed by Sakura. He's been nothing but a jerk to her. Tried to kill her most of the time just to get her to stop. Yet she still doesn't stop no matter how much he pushed her anyway.

Sasuke watches Sakura heal him for a while until he speaks again,"I'm sorry..." he finally apologized to her.

"Sorry? For what?" Sakura said while trying to hold her tears from releasing.

"For everything..." Sasuke answers her.

"You should be... Really... You..." Sakura couldn't hold her tears anymore and finally cries. "Damn... idiot.."

While Sakura tears falls from her face and stops healing, (y/n) continues to heal for her while keeping her head down. Sasuke eyes lands on (y/n) and noticed her head is hung and sees her shoulders slightly shaking. He knew she must be crying as well and he was the cause of it as well.

Flashback

"No! Kagome!" (Y/n) shouts from inside Sasuke's Susano while the Black Zetsu takes Kagome. She was going to step out of the Susano until she was stop by Sasuke. His hand on her shoulder while locking eyes.

"You know what will happen if you step out of there," Sasuke said to her and slowly let's go of her shoulder.

(Y/n) knew if she leaves out of Sasuke's Susano, she would end up like the others. She turns off her Shizengan and sits down on the ground. Regaining her chakra and strength while they wait. After a moment, she noticed Sasuke is still watching her.

"What?" She asked him.

"You could've told me," Sasuke said to her. She knew he is talking about Itachi. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"He wanted me to keep it a secret until you come back to the village," (y/n) answered. "It hurts me too. Losing him. Itachi was like a brother to me too and you knew that too."

Author: Read The Life of Kagome Kaguya to find out what happened to Kagome!!

End of Flashback

Sasuke knew he also caused her a lot of pain. He done something he would never ever thought of doing to her which was hurting her like her father did. He left her to cry. He refused to listen. He doesn't deserves love her. He knew she doesn't have any feelings for him anyway, but he guess that's what made him hate her more. The fact someone he likes couldn't do the same.