Chapter 14 - Birthday (part four)

(Y/N)'s Point of View

I finally awaken from my death. I got up to notice I'm in my bedroom. Shun and the rest must've carried me back to the Leaf Village and arrested Naku. Either way, I'm relief that it's over. However, I feel strange after my fifth death. I feel weird to had watch one of my parents' memories. Wondering why did they showed me this and...

'Happy birthday, (y/n)...'

I recall to what both had said to me. I pull my legs close to me and hug them. My mother said happy birthday to me. A person who I never met in all my life. Not know what a mother is like. Wanted to know what she was like. As well father who never loved me from the start and tried to kill me has finally said happy birthday to me. Never once he said it. That was the first time.

"Meow," I hear Spicy who is on my bed. He scratches and walks to me. I rub his ear and head while he purrs. He must be happy to know I'm still alive.

"(y/n)," I hear a voice from outside my door which I know it belongs to Sasuke. "Are you awake?"

I didn't respond. I'm in no mood to see nor speak to anyone. I just want to be alone with Spicy. I start to move slowly and quietly out of my bed to my door, so I can lock it. But before I can, I hear something from my window. I turn to look which it's nothing. Confuse to thought I did saw something there, I turn back to my door and about to lock it.

"Listen to me, (y/n). I know now," Sasuke starts to speak again which I pause. "Shun explained to us that you have the Cat Nine Lives Seal which was given by your mother. You should be thankful. We all are thankful. Naruto and Sakura couldn't stop worrying about you. I couldn't stop either. I called out your name the moment I saw your eyes looking lifeless and fell to the ground. You worried the hell out of me..."

I didn't say anything. I remain silent as he continues to speak. "You and I been friends since we were kids and I'm sorry that I ruined it. I'm also sorry that I've acted more cold towards you since Itachi came back. It hurts me to know you don't see me strong and you were right. However, it doesn't stop my goal to avenge my clan no matter what. When I asked you to come, I meant it. I wanted you to be there. Maybe I would've won if you were there..." Sasuke stay silent for a moment. Probably thinks I'll reply, but I still refuse. "Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is you have us. Naruto, Sakura, and I will protect you from death as well as you are protecting us. We don't want you to lose any more lives... I... I don't want to lose you again..."

I hold my breath to what I heard from Sasuke. Unconsciously, I open my door to reveal myself to him. Then I took a few steps closer to him and wrap my arms around his side. I hug him softly.

"Thank you, Sasuke..." I finally said to him.

Sasuke's arms wraps around me now. Hugging me back. If I remember, the last time I hugged him was when I was at the Uchiha home. After I accidentally knocked down glasses and was told to go back to his room. I weakly cried in front of him and told him everything. He hugged me to make me feel better. He was such a sweet kid. What happened to him? Oh, yeah I forgot.

"(y/n)..." Sasuke said pulling me away and locking eyes with me. "I don't have a present, but I promise I won't ever hurt you nor make you cry... and... I hope you accept this as one as well..."

Sasuke's right hand moves to the side of my cheek. It took me a while to realized he's slowly leaning down to me. His eyes slowly closing and my eyes lands on his lips coming closer to mine. I froze of not knowing what to do. I froze to not know that he has feelings for me. I froze to not know if I feel the same.

"Heeeeyyyy~! I'm home~!" I hear Shun's voice which made Sasuke stop what he was doing.

Panic, I push Sasuke away from me and return to my room. Then finally locked my door. I run to my mirror to find something new on my face. Light red color on my cheeks. I am blushing.