Chapter 37 - Master of Shizengan

Author: Nov 1st like I promised. OC art goes to akirashogun on dv

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s Point of View

"Finally... Death finally unfairly stole my lives..." I said while looking around the area. But everything is dark.

I release a sigh of both depresss and ashamed. I lost all nine of my lives. I cost the lives of other (l/n) members. My Shizengan was stolen from me by a highly skilled son of the first (l/n) who should've been dead. My last life was taken from that same person. I couldn't continue to fight in the war. I broke my promises. I didn't say goodbye to Kiba.

"Kiba-kun..." I said his name out loud.

"Don't be sad my granddaughter," I hear a familiar voice.

Before I could turn around small bird flames fly around. Making the darkness go away. I finally turn to see my grandfather. My eyes start to water just seeing him again. Soon to be joining with him, his wife, Shun, and even my mother. Grandfather smiles at me and raises his arms out. I walk quickly to his arms as we hug each other. I hug him tighter while I cried in his shirt.

"There, there," grandfather said in comfort. "You did the best you can. It was a matter of time he would finally show himself to you."

"You really knew?" I ask him.

"Your grandmother had a theory when she turned blind. She wasn't sure to trust the clan members, but knew a possible that Naku was involved," he answers me. "For me, I knew from the beginning that you were special the moment you unlock your first Shizengan at a young age."

"Special?" I repeat him while backing away from him. "I'm special enough to have my Shizengan taken away from me without any knowledge that this crazy psycho is still alive. Also dying again and breaking all my promises to not die again! In the middle of the war! I basically left everyone to die! I abandoned my comrades! Even Spicy! Apparently, I'm also 'special' enough to keep abandoning them without telling them! Lying to them too! I even failed the dumb Master of Shizengan for our clan! I cost them lives! I-"

"What is there to be ashamed of?" Grandfather asks me which make me silent. "I ask because there is nothing to be ashamed of. You knew you didn't abandoned no one. Most of them were just impulse to protect your comrades, not to get away from or be better than them. The time you were taken from to the Akatsuki wasn't selfish abandonment or a lie to a new life. You continued onward until you can reunite with them with confidence. A protector with high willpower is what you are. That's what a Master of Shizengan is."

"But how would you know that?" I whip my own tears. "Even if that's true, I still failed..."

Grandfather smiles at me and faces away from me. "Your grandmother should tell you that." He said before the flame bird flies in circles around him until it turns him on fire and disappears.

The flames made a bright light for me to close and cover my eyes. A few seconds later, it's gone. He's gone. Not only that, but the setting changes from darkness to something unexpected. I look around to see I'm on a reflecting water. The water is reflecting a night starring skies. I look down at my reflection to only see a young me. I look carefully at the blood on her arms and red in her eyes. Then the reflection water ripples making the young me fade away. I look up to see my grandmother.

"I'm glad you stop listening to your father's words," she said to me. "Taking all the blame for something never done is a poison you can't remove easily."

"I did took her last life though..." I said while looking back down to the reflecting water. As if I'm waiting to see the young me again. "Yes, blaming oneself is a poison. However, other stuff I did in my life is enough to continue let that poison in."