Chapter 7 - New Friend

During the first month before the Chunin Exams

During the first week, I was told by Mom, who was told by my brother, that I should rest during that week. I heard from her that Naruto and Sasuke made it to continue to the finals. Sakura fought hard but ended in a tie. At least I was right that she does have a strong spirit. I did wish I could've seen the match between Naruto and Inuzuka. I heard Naruto farted at Inuzuka's face, and that's how he won. Momo never stops laughing when she's recalling the moment and saying the mutt deserves it. I haven't seen Sasuke since that day, nor does Naruto and Sakura. All we can hope is we'll see him in the finale.

However, in the second week, I was training, but I had to stop. Why? Apparently, it was getting harder for me to use my Shizengan. Even with my Water Shizengan, which is my main nature. I kept coughing while tiny drops of blood came out after I used both of them. Momo noticed it and told Shun about it. Then, he finally told me that training would be harder since the Shizengan would think I'm training to selfishly use my power to win or be better than everyone. In the end, I had no training with using it at all. So, I just train with my kunai and shuriken target practices. Sadly, I gave up on that. The fact that I couldn't use my Shizengan and it can cause me to die is both frighting and annoying. Plus, I only have six lives, meaning I can't waste it all. It's not like I know how long I will live. Basically, that week was just too depressing for me to keep trying or moving.

Once the third week arrived and the Chunin Exams was in five days, I was given news by my brother that I would not be continuing to the Chunin Exams. Apparently, one of the Sound Ninjas who made it to the Chunin Exams wasn't found. Due to that, I am put as the ninth contestant, making it odd, so I can not continue as well. That's what Shun wanted anyway, but like me, he is also confused about the missing Sound Genin.

Present Time

"(y/n), can I see you for a second?" I hear Shun call me. I get out of my room and walk to where my brother could be. I walk to the kitchen and see him and Alice. She's looking at a book with him until he notices me. "(y/n), mind getting some stuff from the market for Alice? She wants to make a big meal tonight."

"Well, I have to since this has been the longest you'd stay home," Alice said to him, smiling.

"Fine," I said and grabbed the list off the counter.

"(y/n)," Alice said before I could walk out. "I'm sorry you couldn't continue the Chunin Exams, but don't be too sad about it." She gives me a caring smile.

I ignore her and turn to leave. After closing the door behind me, I look through the list, which isn't much. Once I open the gate, I see Inuzuka and his little mutt. He's leaning on the tree and got up when he saw me. I walk past him.

"Hey, fur ball!" he said to me, but I continue to walk while he follows me. "What?! Thought you're too cool because you're heading to Chunin Exams or something?"

"No, I'm just busy going to get groceries rather than talk to a mutt and your dog," I said to him. "Besides, I won't be taking part in the Chunin Exams."

"Huh? How come?" He asks, all confused.

"That guy from the Sound Village is gone. I don't know if he just left or died, but without him, I can't continue. So, there will be an even number of eight contestants instead of ten." I answer him.

"That sucks. I mean, it sucks more that I didn't get a chance to fight you, but it sucks more that it happened to you. It's not like I care for a fur ball like you."

I don't know how, but we ended up walking together to the food market. Sadly, there was no sign that said no dogs allow meaning I can't get rid of him and Akamaru. I grabbed the basket and started walking while looking at the list. More sadden to see that he's still with me, I thought it was time to ask him.