Chapter 13 - Birthday (part three)

Sasuke's Point of View - While Kiba and the others are at the mountain

Kuernai Sensei, Naruto, Sakura, and I walk back to Naku's home. I don't know what Kakashi Sensei is doing with Kuernai Sensei's team, but it better not be something I'll miss. So far, asking around is just boring and a waste. As the house is in sight, (y/n)'s brother, Shun, and Spicy are standing outside. He looks at us while he holds on to the cat. I realized now that after walking closer, he's struggling to break free from Shun's arms.

"Is something the matter, Shun?" Kuernai Sensei asks him.

Shun has a serious look on his face, "We've been played," He finally said.

"What do you mean exactly?" She asks him again.

"Naku is playing with us this whole time," He said, which puts shocking and confuse expressions on all of us. "Members of my clan should've been here yesterday or by now, at least. So, I looked around and asked Spicy to help me. He found the letters that were supposed to be sent out weeks ago."

"That's wrong to look through someone's belongings," Sakura stated.

"So wait, no party?" Naruto stupidity asks.

"Are (y/n) and Naku back yet?" I ask him. "Maybe Naku can explain her story."

"I overheard her conversion with my sister last night. She said they're going grocery shopping, but it was a lie. They're really out somewhere showing (y/n) some training moves," He answers my question.

"HUH!?!?! No fair! How come that old hag can teach her, but not me-"

"Because it's nothing but a trap to take (y/n)'s eyes!" Shun words brought silent shocks. Me mostly. "Naku had planned to use her home for (y/n)'s birthday, so she can attack her and steal her Shizengan."

"W-Why would she do it...? " Sakura asks him.

"When I was a child, before (y/n) was born, my mother and I visited her for the first time. I remember her Shizengan was water. It was water. Meaning she doesn't possess it anymore and was a blind old lady. After becoming a Chunin, I visited her for the first time in years. She wasn't blind... And can use her Water Shizengan again."

"So, you're saying, she stole someone from your clan's eyes, but it wasn't enough? But why did she request our help to catch up with this person who is taking victims? Why does she want (y/n)...?" I ask him, and he stays silent.

Eveeyone said no words, but Spicy, who's meowing to get out of Shun's arms. Once his nails had made a deep scratch on his arm, he jumped freely and starts running. That's when I put the puzzles together. Naku didn't just want (y/n) here for her birthday and take her eyes. She wants to kill her for not just her Water Shizengan but also the other two Shizengan as well.

"I see you're getting the pieces together, Sasuke. But you're missing one," Shun said, and I looked at him seriously. "It's not just our clan she can hopefully meet who has the same Shizengan. It's also any ninja, young or old, with water as their chakra nature. Which led me to believe that the disappearing victims are all people who have water for their chakra nature."

"Then that means Naku is..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

'(y/n)!' I thought to myself as I made a fist.

I couldn't take it anymore. I started running to where Spicy had left. I know he's going to find her, so I better find him quick in order to save (y/n). I know I've been cold to her since Itachi returned, but I had the right. She thought I was weak and not ready to kill him. It hurts me that she thought of me like that. Mad at her or not, there's no way I'm letting her go. Not again.