Chapter 4 - After the Mission

Back to Konoha – (Y/N)'s Point of View

"I can walk back home by myself, Uchiha." I said to Sasuke while he carries me on his back.

"You're more badly hurt. Besides, you need more rest." He said.

Team 7 made it home after our mission. The moment we got to the gates, I wanted to walk home by myself. Give myself time to think of the events that happened to me, but for some odd reason, my teammates don't want me to push myself. I refused, of course. However, after I separated with Kakashi Sensei and my two teammates, Sasuke wouldn't leave me and kept telling me to get on his back. Out of being annoyed, I did so. We walk the whole way to my home in silence.

"Is there a reason why you're calling everyone by their last names?" Sasuke asks me.

"What's wrong with that?"

"It's annoying," he answers. "Especially since you called me by my given name before."

"That was back when we were friends. You broke it, remember? For now, we're just teammates." I said to him.

"Right, even though you broke it first," he mumbles.

I didn't reply to his rudeness. In the way, it was true. After my father's and grandfather's funerals, Shun stops acting like a big brother. He doesn't bother to train me or pick me up from the academy. He's been taking long traveled missions to make sure we don't need to move into a smaller home. He did make sure Momo came to help take care of me. However, it wasn't the same. His girlfriend, who was his old teammate, comes by to help out. She tries to talk to me, but I just ignore her. Why should I? It's not like she really does want to spend her time with us and  pretend to be a sister or mom while waiting for Shun to return. I used to wait for him, but I stopped. I thought my brother hates me now because two more of our family had died because of me. Especially since I told him I don't remember that night. When he comes home from his missions, we don't talk to each other. It is like we're strangers. In the end, I lock myself away from everyone and Sasuke as well. I did talk to him eventually, but after his clan was murder by his brother and I didn't want to believe it, we ended it for good.

"Young (y/n)!" I hear Momo's voice as we reach to myself home. She runs to Sasuke and I from the front deck and over the gate. "What happened to you? You're covered in bandages and– Oh! Is that you, Sasuke? You've grown so big!"

"Nice to see you again, Momo," Sasuke said while letting me get off of him. "Our next mission will be in two days. Rest up until then."

"Yes, I know. See you later, Uchiha." I said, not waving bye, but head inside.

Once I did, I left the door open for Momo. "Honestly, I did not raise you to be that rude to that poor Uchiha boy who helped you walk all the way here." Momo complains then closes the door. I slowly walk more to the backyard and sit on the porch. She continues to speak, "You should be heading straight to your room. You need lots of rest to heal and–"

"Tell me more about my mother," I cut her off. "She was a (l/n) clan and was raised by Nekobaa. You told me lots of stories of her hard battles where he always faced death. However, you weren't clear about if it was a near death experience or a real one."

There was silence between us. I didn't bother to look at her. I know something happened to me back at the Land of Waves. I thought it was a dream meeting my grandmother, but it can't be right. She had said we met again. Plus, new information from someone who knew about my clan even though they weren't members.

"You died again at your mission, didn't you?" Momo finally spoke first.

"A-Again?" I said in shock.

"The first time you died was that night when your father and grandfather died..." Momo said, but I am in too much of a shock to understand. She took a deep breath in and out before she explained, "You mother, before we both move to Konoha, wanted to make sure we live on together. So, she did a ninja seal that only ninneko or ninja cat users can use on themselves or others. It is called the Nine Lives Seal. It's doesn't work on humans very well. However, she was the first human and non-member to pass and the first (l/n) clan to have nine lives. Sadly for her, if she wants to give someone the Nine Lives Seal, she would have to lose one of her lives. Years later, she gave her last two lives to seal Shun and you."