~11~

I added a few finishing details to Tommy's face paint. Now all I have left is...

Johnny winked at me as he sat down. I let out a sigh. This is going to be hard.

I dabbed the brush in the white face paint and started to steadily outline Johnny's face with it. Then I slowly filled it in.

When I was about to pull my hand back, Johnny grabbed my wrist and smirked. I blushed and awkwardly turned my gaze to the floor.

With his other hand he held my face and pulled it close to his. In my ear he whispered, "It's a really nice view down here."

My face burned bright red as I went to go and grab the black face paint. 20 more minutes of this. Those are one too many more minutes of Johnny's endless teasing.

I put a generous amount of black face paint onto a small brush. Carefully, I circled Johnny's eyes with the paint, and then filling it all in.

As I worked on his left eye, he pulled away slightly. Immediately assuming I poked his eye, I pulled back quickly.

"I'm sorry...did I poke you?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

Johnny shook his head, "Nope. I just happened to notice that your hands smell like vanilla. If I think about it, your hands have always smelled like vanilla."

I arched an eyebrow, "We're going to be late if you keep flirting with me while I do your makeup."

"I like it, I like it a lot," Johnny continued, ignoring what I said before.

I smiled a bit to myself. He likes the fact that my hands smell like vanilla. Johnny grinned goofily as he watched me.

I giggled softly while continuing on his face paint. A couple minutes later I finished up his makeup.

"There you go, and we're just about on time," I commented, pulling the brush back from Johnny's face. He smiled at me.

"You're adorable, Y/n," Johnny cooed. He slowly got up and towered over me.

Suddenly I was pulled into a tight hug. It felt amazing. My arms instantly wrapped around his waist. For my makeup's sake, I didn't snuggle my face into his chest.

"I love you bubs," I whispered, rubbing circles into Johnny's back. (Don't come for me I love the nicknames Bubs/Bubba, I had to include it just once)

"I love you more," He whispered back, smirking as I glared at him.

"Impossible."

"Nope, it's possible."

"Johnny I don't want to argue with youuu," I whined.

Johnny let out a small sigh, "Fine, but we'll definitely settle this later."

"And how will we do that?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. Johnny smirked at me.

Without a word he reached down and grabbed my ass. I let out a yelp of surprise mixed with a gasp.

"Johnny!" I scolded, punching him in the arm. He started to laugh.

It was the type of laugh that rattled throughout my ears. The same type of airy, care free, heart warming laugh, that I heard that night.

-July 23rd, 1983-
"I can't believe we did that," I whispered, my heart still pounding from the recent events.

Johnny started to laugh. A sing song, sweet laugh. It raced around my heart, stirring it to a jumbled tea. The sound sent shivers that surfed to the tips of my fingers.

"Nor can I, but I've been wanting to share this special connection with you for years now, I got tired of waiting," Johnny whispered back, his laughter coming to a subtle halt.

I looked into his reassuring eyes. Deep down I know that it's something I've been waiting for too.

Without thinking, my hand rested against Johnny's cheek, "I wanted this too. But you know we can't go back after this, we've already gone too far."

Johnny grabbed my hand and laced it with his, "I know that. Even if we could I don't think I'd have the strength to. My heart is stubborn and it's sticking to you."

I half smiled, "As sweet as that is, I know you like her more."

I didn't specify who it was. Johnny knows who I'm talking about.

His smile instantly morphed into a frown. I watched as he sat up and looked down at me, "We aren't doing this. We aren't taking about Ali right now. She isn't our right now. She isn't clear and obvious, she's blurry and just in the background. Don't think for a second I'd choose her over you."

My heart ached as I realized the hard truth, "You already have. What do we have now? Are you really going to breakup with her? Or is tonight just an act of the alcohol or the shitty week beforehand?"

Johnny went silent. Slowly that silence thawed away.

"Tonight is the act of me showing you how I feel. I will break up with her. You and I have always been together. It just took us this long to realize it," Johnny replied, his eyes lacing with mine.

-Back to now-
When I think back to it, I realize, he never did. After that day he and Ali kept seeing each other. But I wasn't mad. I couldn't be. I knew that he wanted me. The sad part though, was that he chose her over me.

Until now. He was right back then and he is right now. We were always together. It just took us some time to realize it.

Johnny gave me a questioning look, "Are you ok?"

I smiled up at him, "Yeah, I'm alright."

My right now.

Again don't you come for me about the Bubs thing. Just smile and move along! Anyways...how have you guys been doing? Is life alright? Just know that I appreciate you just being here. :)