~1~

It was a hot summer night, we were both drunk, irresponsible teens, cussing at the ocean like it could fix all of our problems. To this day, July 23rd, 1983, was the best day of my god damn life, and let me tell you why.

That week leading up to that day was shitty. My friends step-dad gave him a black eye, and my mother found my empty cigarette pack in the trash.

I called him and told him that I needed to get drunk and forget everything from that week. He then picked me up with his red motorcycle and drove me to the beach. That's where we spent our entire night and next morning of July 23rd in all it's glory.

Now you're probably wondering, who's this best friend on yours? And what happened that night? Well, see for yourself.

-July 23rd, 1983-
"Life just doesn't seem real anymore, it's a shit blur and I can't keep up," My voice cracked as I rested my head against the soft, pillowy, sand.

Moonlight showered the ocean, giving it a mysterious glow. One that made my insides bubbly in frustration. How can something be so pretty and calm while my insides are twisting and burning.

I looked over at my friend, Johnny Lawrence. He looked over at me. Even in the dark, his blue eyes sparkled like fresh fallen snow.

"I get what you mean. But right now, everything seems so clear and obvious to me. You're my right now, Y/n, do you know what I mean?" Johnny whispered, his words slightly slurred.

Somehow that jumbled sentence made sense to me. It still does now, even with a sober brain a year later. All I could process in that moment was that he and I, well, we were thinking the same thing.

I grabbed Johnny's calloused hand and held it to my face, "Right now, I want you. Bad."

The blonde moved in a swift motion, pinning me into the sand. His soft locks fell in his face, shielding his eyes, making the moment even more preciously rich.

The very next second, his soft lips were pressed against mine in an urgent manner. I hung onto his body, kissing back with the same urgency, knowing I won't remember what happens next in the morning. No matter how wild it is.

Fortunately and unfortunately I did remember. Even though my mind was numb and rattled with intoxication at the time, I remembered every detail, down to the softness in Johnny's voice as he spoke in a low whisper.

Johnny's rough hands trailed up and down my bare sides with care. It was almost like he was handling his most prized possession. Just two drunk teenagers who are angry at the world. It was just like one of those cliche, coming of age movies.

Johnny pulled back reluctantly, panting slightly as he halfway sat up.

"I love you," He whispered, his blue eyes never leaving my flushed face.

That's the thing about Johnny. He's able to look me in the eye, in the face, and can see past everything. The drugs, alcohol, numbing thoughts, it all disappeared when he looks at me. It's like it was never there in the first place.

"You know you can't," I reminded, brushing my finger tips against his pink cheeks, tainted with alcohol.

Johnny frowned, the sides of his mouth wrinkled slightly, "I know. But I do. And I'll never stop."

"Johnny, I can't, Ali is my friend, and she's your girlfriend," I muttered, pushing Johnny away with the little self control I had.

He gazed at me with hurt in his eyes, "I know, but I can't stop loving you. I always have, even before Ali."

After a long, agonizing, moment of silence, Johnny and I decided on one thing. One thing that we didn't even discuss. It popped into our heads so suddenly and it was something we both really wanted.

It was a 'caught in the moment' thing, I guess. Our bodies jolted, pulling and tugging at our clothes once our hands were close enough to grab at one another.

Our lips were stuck together like glue, and our hearts were burning for more. More. More. More. It was a greedy act. We both knew it. But it didn't matter then.

To say it bluntly, we had sex. What I'm guilty about is the fact that I remembered everything. Down to the sweet nothings that were whispered into my ear.

It was soft, gentle, and incredibly sweet. All of our built up tension and love, was shared between us. The worst part is that every time I think about that night, the best night of my life, I wish it never happened in the first place.

It ruined everything. It ruined us. When Ali found out, she was devastated. Johnny and I didn't utter another word to each other after Ali and him broke up. I'm not sure who blamed who, but we both silently agreed that being together was forbidden and completely, utterly, wrong.

Even if Ali was out of the picture. Cause I know, and he knows, that he still wanted Ali and that I couldn't handle that. Even now the thought rocks my brain.

Eventually we moved on with our lives, pretending that July 23rd never even existed. We avoided each other at all costs. Until now that is. After new kid, Daniel LaRusso, moved in, everything has been different.

Johnny tends to stare at me during class. When I catch him, he doesn't bother looking away. His snowy blue eyes never wavering. It doesn't help that Daniel and I are dating now. It doesn't help one bit.

Johnny bullies the shit out of Daniel, and I hope that it isn't because of me. That kind of guilt wouldn't sit right with me. I'd never be able to shake it off just like I shook off July 23rd.

It's been getting worse recently. Daniel is too afraid to walk past Johnny and his group, who used to be my group. I on the other hand want to beat their asses, but I know that'll never work.

That night will prod my mind and my words will jumble and combine like thick, chewed strips of bubblegum. They'll either stare at me awkwardly, hoping I'll just walk away, or they'll absolutely destroy me and my ego to a pulp.

Both ways are far too embarrassing for me to endure. Along with Daniel. He's begged me in the past to ignore them. It's not because he thinks it'll get worse for him. It's because he doesn't want me anywhere near Johnny.

I've told Daniel about that night when we first met. I left out a few details, but it was enough for him to will me away from the infamous Johnny Lawrence.

I can't tell you if I'm relieved by this or absolutely distraught. Because honestly, I'm not sure if it's a combination of both or not.

I hope you liked this first chapter, I've been working on this book for a little while during The Spice Cabinet. And now that I've finished that one, I can start publishing this book. I'll try to publish once or twice a week!