~6~

My body ached for a cigarette, however I refused. I know very well once I get my hands on another pack and a lighter, Johnny will find out, and he won't be happy. The only way I'd be able to get anymore was if I hid them well.

Clearly what happened last week showed that I am not the best at doing that. My boots thumped against the pavement as I made my way to school. Loose gravel flew everywhere as the grip on my boots crashed against the small rocks.

I waved to Daniel when I saw him on his bike coming from the other direction, "Hey Danny!"

He looked at me and said nothing. I wasn't really sure what was going on. Is he mad at me?

I shrugged my shoulders and walked to my locker. My nerves prickled with unease as the feeling of someone's presence neared me.

I turned around quickly to be face to face with Johnny's chest. He laughed as I looked up at him dazed.

"Hey," I greeted awkwardly. Is he the reason Daniel seems mad?

"Good morning, beautiful," Johnny cooed, resting his hand next to my shoulder.

"Did you happen to say anything to Daniel?" I asked wearily. Johnny looked at me with slight guilt on his face.

"I did," He admitted, crossing his arms over his chest. I gave him a curious look.

"He seemed...upset when I saw him this morning..," I explained, my eyes searching for any hint of mistrust. What did he say?

"Probably," Johnny chuckled to himself. Annoyance bubbles inside me.

"What do you mean probably?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

Johnny bent down to my height and got close to my ear. He glanced around before whispering, "I saw him with Ali yesterday at Golf N Stuff."

I let out a sigh, "Daniel told me they were just friends, I'm sure that's it."

"Do friends kiss in the photo booth?" Johnny said, his voice dropping into a low grumble.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Unfortunately I know exactly what he's talking about. I just don't want to believe it.

"I was hanging with the guys and we were waiting for the photo booth. When the photos came out, it was Ali and Daniel kissing. When he came out and saw me, well. We didn't exchange nice words," Johnny explained, his voice cracking when he noticed the hurt lying deep within my eyes.

"What...what happened?" I asked, sadness paralyzing me. After telling me we were doing fine? He was the one who didn't want to break up. Did he want to get back at me for trying to?

"I told him that he fucked up. He begged me not to tell you. After that I was furious so I punched his dumb ass in the face and left," Johnny finished explaining. He took a moment to watch as tears prickled my eyes.

"I know it's stupid for me to feel this way since I wanted to end it. It's just...he didn't want to. He told me he was fine. That we were perfectly fine. I just, god, is there something wrong with me?" I whispered, a few tears slipping down my cheeks.

Johnny ran his thumb over my tears, brushing them away, "It's not stupid. That asshole cheated. He's a fucking cheater. And there is nothing wrong with you, don't ever say that again."

More tears spilled as the thought burned into my mind. Right now I really want to focus and forget. To say it bluntly I want to smoke. But that won't do me no good. It'll make Johnny mad.

When I relapsed, I didn't have Johnny. Now he's right here. So I took the opportunity that would keep me from smoking. I ran into Johnny's arms and snuggled my head into his chest, letting tears soak his shirt.

"I don't want to relapse," I whimpered, knowing that even if it didn't relate to what we were talking about, Johnny would understand.

"I'm so proud of you ,sweetheart. You're doing so good. Thank you for choosing me over cigarettes, Y/n," Johnny praised, rubbing circled into my back.

He kissed the top of my head and started to play with my hair, calming me down.

"Want to skip school?" Johnny asked, just like he could read my mind.

"Please," I whispered, tightening my grip on Johnny's waist.

"Ok, we can do that. I'll have the guys vouch for us ok? Isn't Tommy in your History class?" Johnny asked. I nodded into his chest.

"I'll ask him to tell the teacher that you're sick, and I'll ask the other guys to say the same about me," Johnny assured, stroking my back gently.

I pulled back, only to be hugged to Johnny's side as we walked over to his friends. The guys smiled wide as they noticed us. It was almost like they enjoyed the sight of Johnny and I together.

"Y/n!" They cheered, "Welcome back!" I smiled at them, remembering when we all used to hang out. Summer of 83, what a time to be alive.

"What do ya need Johnny?" Dutch asked.

Johnny smiled his crooked smile, "I need you guys to vouch for us, we're skipping school today."

"Alright, gotcha, what's the story?" Tommy asked enthusiastically.

"I have a fever, Y/n caught it from me," Johnny responded. I gave him a questioning look.

"I want the word to get around that we were together, I want that bastard, Danielle, to be just as hurt as you," He explained.

All the boys chuckled at this. Tommy gave us a big thumbs up, "I'll make sure to put an emphasis on your name."

"Thanks man," Johnny laughed. We both waved them goodbye before heading to Johnny's motorcycle.

"We can go anywhere you like," He stated. I grinned at the possibilities.

Ok so I made a cake from scratch and I'm really upset because it turned out bad. Like really bad. Thanks a lot Pinterest. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!