~2~

"Seriously? Daniel c'mon, don't play that shit on me!" I whined as I watched the dark haired boy shrink away from the group ahead of us.

"I'm really good over here, have fun in History!" Daniel called out as he scurried down the hall, leaving me in the jumbled mess of students and lockers.

A low sigh escaped my lips. Will he ever stand up for himself? I can't even do it for him, he won't let me.

I wonder if it ever occurs to him that when he strays away when it comes to passing the group, it gives them more of an opportunity to reach out to me. Maybe he knows that I won't let them whisk me away.

A mind rattling laugh stopped me dead in my tracks. I slowly drifted my eyes to the source. There he was in all his glory, Johnny Lawrence.

"Hey," He called out, his fake mocking tone cracking slightly, revealing a softer version of it.

I shook my head before restarting my path to History class, not wanting to engage with the blonde any further than I already have. And I haven't even uttered a word yet.

A slight grumble follows me as I speed walk to class. A grumble that I only recognized as Johnny's. It was something memorable about him. That and his crooked smile that assured he was serious.

Shut it Y/n! You have a boyfriend, stop thinking about Johnny Lawrence and get to class. I scolded myself silently. Inner me was right, I shouldn't be thinking about the things that are memorable about Johnny Lawrence.

Even if there are about a hundred things I could list in under a minute. I've known the boy since kindergarten. We live two streets away from each other. It's almost like the universe set us up to become friends.

I shivered slightly as I walked into the room. There, sitting in my seat, was Ali Mills. Her lazy smile and curly big hair occupied the boys crowding my desk.

I'm assuming she intended in irritating me, like she usually does. When Ali Mills has a grudge on you, she tends to show it. Especially when it's something as bad as sleeping with her boyfriend.

God even thinking about it was enough for the guilt to come pouring back into my lungs, making it hard to breathe. She can have my seat, it's not like it matters anyways.

I'm not in the mood to deal with her bitch fits. Not today. Not ever. So I picked a seat in the back that's typically empty. Rarely anyone sits in the back, so it was perfect for me.

Ali stared me down as I made my way to the back of the classroom. She made it very clear I don't have a place here. Not anymore at least. I was popular among the people here, now I'm just the outcast slut who sleeps with people's boyfriends.

Truth be told the only person I ever had sex with in my life is Johnny Lawrence. And it was that one time on the beach. That doesn't stop rumors being piled on my name daily. Once you do one wrong, people will do anything to keep you as the gum on everyone's shoe.

Even the boyfriends of girls I've never met, joined in on the 'fun'. They of all people know I did not sleep with them. And that makes it even more delightful for their game.

A note flying onto my desk caught my attention. My fingers graze it carefully. It's most likely another badly written insult from someone in the class. However that never stopped me from enlightening myself and opening the note.

On the thin page it read-
Beach
Midnight
Meet me at the shoreline - Anonymous

I raised an eyebrow at the class. Who wrote this? The hand writing is incredibly sloppy so I know it's not Ali. Plus she hates me so why would she want to meet me at the beach?

Any of the guesses that popped into my head were immediately shot down with a logical explanation. I don't have a clue who it could be, so I'm leaving it at that.

I'll find out tonight at Midnight. Hopefully it's not some type of prank or practical joke. If it is, I'm immediately throwing out every note I get after that.

No more of this shit. I thought, securing the note in my jacket pocket. I patted it lightly for reassurance and then grabbed my textbooks out of my bag.
...
Each class dragged on longer than the last. The note started to weigh like a heavy bomb in my pocket. I was eagerly waiting for it to reach the last second and blow up in my face.

Luckily that never happened. And soon enough all my waiting for the end of the day neared. My heart throbbed hard in my chest at the endless possibilities this simple note holds.

Even Daniel could tell.

"You seem excited," He commented, arching a thick eyebrow at me.

I smiled wearily at him, "It's nothing." I started to walk the opposite direction Daniel rides his bike in.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Daniel called out before disappearing behind a corner. I patted my pocket and sighed with relief when I felt the slight indent of the note. It's still there.

My nervousness and excitement combined together to make this one great wreck of emotion that sat in the lower part of my stomach throughout the rest of the day.

It was only when I snuck out to the beach and saw a tall, dark, silhouette standing by the shoreline that the combined emotion rose to my heart.

This is it. Time to find out who wrote this note and why they wanted to meet with me.

I am getting ahead in this book so I'll post more often than I said I would. I'm trying to be able to post everyday like The Spice Cabinet so yeah. Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it!