~14~

"I'm sorry, it's just the tournament is in a month and I really need to spend more time training," Johnny explained, his eyes filled with worry.

I know he feels bad about having to cancel our date again, but I just can't help the fact that it saddens me. Karate is special to him, it's selfish of you for wanting him to put you ahead of that. He likes karate more than you, you don't matter to him.

The dark thoughts won't stop lingering in my mind. I let out a small sigh of frustration, "It's ok, I understand. It's important to you, go on and practice!"

Johnny's face lightened up, "Thank you for being so supportive, I'll be back soon!"

With a kiss on my cheek and a quick hug, Johnny was out of the house. He left me alone with my dark thoughts and fears.

Oh dear, what if Sid and Johnny's mom comes home early? What if Johnny is cheating on you instead of going to practice? You should leave the house just in case they come home before Johnny does. You should follow Johnny to make sure he isn't cheating.

A loud slam of the door caused my heart to race. Sid. Johnny with another girl.

I pulled my knees to my face, my heart racing. Who could it be? God I hope it's Johnny. But just Johnny. No one else.

Loud thumps echoed through the house. Large, heavy footsteps. Not Johnny's. My breathing quickened. It's Sid! Hide! Run! Jump out the window! It's a murderer, grab a trophy for self defense.

I hurriedly grabbed the trophy that sat on Johnny's dresser. The door squeaked as it was thrown open. Out of pure instinct, I threw the karate trophy at the intruder.

My heart sunk when I realized who it was. Sid. Sid. Sid. His plump face turned a bright red. I flinched when he rushed into the room and yanked me by my arm.

He dragged me throughout the house until he reached the door. Without a word he threw me out of the house, causing me to stumble into the ground.

Sid let out a huff and slammed the door. My heart froze. I just threw a trophy at Johnny's step dad. He'll take it out on Johnny! What have I done?

Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I stood up. I brushed the dirt off my knees and started to walk down the street. A honk of a car startled my already panicked heart.

Even worse than Sid. My parents. My mother got out of the car just so she could pull me back into it.

"I've got you now, you can't run away anymore!" She yelled, locking the door. My father smiled wickedly at me through the rear view mirror.

Chills went down my spine and into my stomach. I'm going to die.
...
"NO!" I screamed, shooting up from the bed. My heart pumped loudly in my chest. Was it all a nightmare? Did that really happen?

My body attempted to jump out of the bed. However a tight grip on my waist stopped me from moving. A shot of fear raced through my body.

Tears streamed down my face, I couldn't breathe, I was clawing at my throat and chest, begging for air. Sobs escaped my throat. I still can't tell the difference between the nightmare and reality.

"Johnny? Ar- are you there? Please tell me you're here," I cried out, "Please, I need you."

The blonde I called out for twisted me in his arms so I could see his pretty blue eyes. I latched onto his body.

"Shhh, shhh, it's ok, I'm right here. Nothing bad has happened, breathe, just breathe," Johnny whispered into my ear.

I let out deep, painful breaths while Johnny rubbed circles into my back. He wiped the tears  off my face with his free hand.

"What happened, Princess?" Johnny asked, his blue eyes laced with deep concern.

"The tournament, you needed to leave for practice, I kept hearing these dark voices. Sid came back and I threw a trophy at him, then my parents found me and..and..-," I cut off into more sobs.

Johnny pulled me into his laps and cradled me into his arms, "Shh, none of that happened, it was just a nightmare. It's ok now, I promise."

I cried even more, the tears never stopping. Johnny held me even closer and continued to soothe my beating heart with his warmth.

"Everything is ok, do you need something to drink? Do you want a shower? How about a trip to the beach for some air?" He asked, suggesting things that could help.

I shook my head, "I just need you right now."

...
That was the start of the nightmares. Yet another obstacle that Johnny and I had to overcome. When I look back on it, it's only something that made us stronger.
...

After an hour of Johnny calming me down from my panic attack, I finally felt safe. He helped through these types of things before. It's just something he's good at.

"Drink some water, you need to hydrate after all that crying," Johnny cooed, offering me a glass of water.

I took it and drank it with ease. The icy liquid cooled my sore, raspy throat. It really did help with the dehydration from all that crying. (DRINK SOME WATER RN BITCH, I LOVE YOUR ASS!!!)

"Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it. I'm sorry you have to deal with m-,"

Johnny cupped my face, "Don't apologize, it's nothing that you can control. I love you so much and I want to care for you."

"I love you too, so much," I cried, snuggling into Johnny's arms. The smell of sweet vanilla cinnamon mixed with the refreshing scent of the beach flooded my senses.

I let my eyes close and allowed Johnny to baby me. He cradled me and whispered sweet things until I was asleep.

She needs the rest, my sweet, precious Princess needs to sleep. Johnny thought to himself.

I did not remember writing this. Anyways. DRINK WATER NOW!!!! I DONT CARE IF YOU ALREADY DID, DRINK SOME MORE!!!