- twenty seven -

xxvii. BETRAYAL 

"This is it

"This is it." Draco announced, removing the covers from the vanishing cabinet. Stella stared at in shock, tracing its edge with her fingers.

"What is it?" Stella whispered, turning to look at Draco.

"Vanishing cabinet." Draco answered,"I spent the entire year on its repair in order to connect it with the one in Burgin and Burkes in knockturn alley."

"What for?"

"For others to enter Hogwarts because its almost unable to enter the castle with the increased magical protection." Draco explained, covering it again with the dusty blanket.

"When?" Stella asked, stepping away from the cabinet.

"I have failed a lot in killing Dumbledore." Draco sighed,"But tomorrow, I promise myself that I won't fail."

"Do you know what's going to happen after that?" Stella gulped,"I mean the main reason Vol- you know who sent me back to Hogwarts was to help you but what after it?"

"If I have to be honest, then I don't think he'll let you return for the seventh year." Draco honestly replied.

"That means...." Stella trailed off as tears clogged her eyes,"I just have one last day..."

"Sadly, yes." Draco breathed out, wrapping one of his arm around Stella small figure.

"Just last time I'll see Harry." Stella whispered, blinking away her tears.

Draco didn't know what to say so he just rubbed her arms in comfort.

"Let's go now." Draco said as he lead Stella out of the Room of requirement. Stella scampered to her dorm to find her friends sleeping peacefully.

A tear escaped her eyes as she realised that it was the last time she was spending the night in her dorm.

She pulled out a parchment which she hadn't used in a long time and started writing.

Dear, the boy who lived,I'm so sorry but did I tell you that I got a boy who cares so much for me? Of course no. I just wanted to tell you how pure he is. He has gone through a lot ; from loosing his parents to loosing some of his loved ones. Honestly, that's the worst situation someone could go through. His kindness and goodness have never failed to amaze me. I love him to pieces. Forever isn't enough to prove how much he means to me.We had a little ups and downs but that doesn't matters now because I know he never means to hurt me. He can never. He's too pure and sweet to do that.Its getting late, would have to stop it here.
The girl who trusts and will keep on trusting you
.

Stella kept the letter aside and muffled all her cries.

-

The next morning was too depressing for Stella as she kept on reminding her that this was the last time she could enjoy with her friends and others. Taking a deep breath, Stella left the divination class and made her way to Potions.