- forty four -

xlvi. SNAPE

Stella hooped off the broom just when Ron kicked the diadem inside the room of requirement and the fire engulfed it in flames

Stella hooped off the broom just when Ron kicked the diadem inside the room of requirement and the fire engulfed it in flames. The door to the room of requirement finally got shut down and it disappeared. Harry fell on the floor, his back hitting the pillar as he breathed heavily.

"Stella, come on." Draco called before running off somewhere.

Stella looked over at Draco but decided to stay back with Harry as she knelt down besides him, keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"Harry? What's going on?" Stella exclaimed earning a scowl from Ron who was so ready to tear her apart from Harry.

"Get away from him!" Sneered Ron, pulling Stella away from his best friend.

"Ron! Listen to me!" Stella protested, yanking his hands away,"I think the last horcrux is-"

"Is the snake." Harry completed, getting up on his feet,"Yeah I saw it."

Stella smiled but it didn't stay too long as she felt the dark mark on her scarred wrist glowing brightly, giving burning sensation to Stella. She silently hissed in pain, holding her wrist with the other hand and stumbled back.

Without saying a word, Stella ran away and to where Voldemort ordered her to come ; the glowing of the dark mark was the signal that she was needed.

Ducking away from the huge giants who were now stepping on the rocks and pillars underneath them, Stella ran all the way to the greenhouse, not realising that the Golden trio was soon going to follow her.

Panting, Stella ran inside the greenhouse causing Voldemort to grin satisfyingly at her. What caught Stella's worried eyes was Severus Snape who was standing in front of her.

Stella furrowed her eyebrows as she could feel the pace of her heartbeat getting reckless. Snape just smiled at her ; a real, genuine smile.

"You have performed extraordinary magic, my lord, in last few hours alone." Snape slowly said as Stella realised that she must have interrupted a going on conversation.

"No." Voldemort denied, his voice sounding much weaker,"No, I am extraordinary but the wand resists me."

"There is no wand more powerful." Said Snape,"Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the boy comes it will not fail you. I'm sure of it. It answers to you and you only."

"Does it?" Voldemort asked, sarcastically.

"My Lord?" Snape inquired.

"The wand." Voldemort started, circling around Snape,"Does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where does it true loyalty lies?"

"With you, of course, my lord." Snape replied.

"The elder wand cannot serve me properly because I'm not it's true master.." Voldemort said causing Stella's eyebrows to furrow in query,"The Elder wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore, Severus." Stella's eyes went wide when realisation struck upon her face,"While you live, the Elder wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus.. But only I can live forever."