- eight -

viii. HAPPY CHRISTMAS 

 HAPPY CHRISTMAS 

"Now what is she doing here?" Ron groaned, covering his face by keeping the book in front of him as Harry and Hermione threw a weird look at him.

 The trio were sitting in the library, studying for their OWLs when Hermione practically dragged the two boys inside. 

"Who are you talking about?" Hermione asked, turning her head towards the direction Ron was looking at.

"Oh Stella." Harry muttered, looking at the girl who was now walking through the doors of the library while a book was clutched under one of her arms.

"Why do you hate her?" Harry frowned, turning to look at his best friend.

"I don't hate her Harry." Ron corrected,"I just dislike her."

"But why?" Harry asked again causing Hermione to roll her eyes and return to her book.

"Because she's a slytherin and you know how they are-"

"She isn't like the rest." Harry protested.

"Why are you suddenly so interested in her?" Ron scowled,"Why are you defending her?"

"Because she did nothing to deserve hate from a foolish git like you." Harry shot back.

"Now he calls me a foolish git for her! Ron complained, looking at Hermione.

"Stop it." Hermione scolded," Both of you!"

"Shoot!" Ron exclaimed,"She saw us." 

"Hey." Stella smiled, stopping beside the table where the trio sat. 

"Hi." Harry and Hermione greeted, except Ron who acted like he didn't see her. 

"I have something important to tell you." She whispered, keeping her voice low so that only the trio could hear her. 

"About what?" Harry asked, closing his book and turning to the slytherin girl. 

"About Umbridge." Stella started as the three Gryffindor in front of her grew worried and gestured her to go on,"She created an inquisitorial squad." 

"What the bloody hell is that inquisitorial squad?" Ron exclaimed, cutting Stella in between. Madam Pince, the librarian shot a warning look towards the group as Hermione swatted Ron's arms to keep him quiet. 

"It's basically a group which has students who support the ministry and their work is to grab the wrong doers or anybody who tries to go against the ministry." Stella explained as the trio's eyes widened in shock,"Draco and his gang joined it. And you know his main objective has always been getting Harry Potter in trouble." 

"Of course!" Ron nodded,"Malfoy had already misused his prefect's powers." 

"Right." Stella approved,"That is why I wanted to warn you guys to carry out the classes very cautiously! We can't let them get us." Harry nodded while Hermione let out an tired sigh.