- thirty eight -

xxxviii. TRUST

Harry and Hermione appeared back to the forest of Dean after their encounter with Nagini at Godric's Hallow. Both of them were gasping for breath when Harry got up on his feet and felt a sharp pain shooting up his legs. He pulled himself to a tree and leaned on it for support.

"Harry!" Hermione called, running out of breath.

"What is it Hermione?" Harry asked, closing his eyes and leaning his head on the trunk of the tree.

"Harry!" Hermione called again, gasping at the sight.

"Hermione you can just...." Harry started, turning around and walking up to where Hermione was,"Stella?"

On the cold ground was Stella laying on her side, her black hair shielding her face from the outside world.

Kneeling down, Harry pushed the hair away from Stella's face to find her lips busted while there was a scar on her cheeks which looked fresh.

Hermione bent down when her eyes fell on Stella's ripped jeans near her ankle. The spell Voldemort had hit her with had just touched her ankle a little and before it could do any more damage, Stella had already apperated.

"Look." Hermione pointed,"I think it's the stunning spell. She's unconscious."

"But what is she doing here?" Harry exclaimed, turning to look at Hermione.

"I don't know." Hermione murmured.

Harry's eyes fell on the bag tucked under Stella's arms. Harry pulled it out from her grasp and opened it to find some of Stella's accessories and clothes.

"Did she run away?" Harry frowned.

"Well, only Stella can answer that." Hermione answered before getting up,"Come on, pick her up."

Nodding, Harry placed one arm around her back and the other around her knees. Harry lifted her up, smiling a bit as Hermione led him to the tent. Hermione gestured Harry to lay her down on the mattress.

"Can't we do anything?" Harry asked, looking up at Hermione as he sat by Stella, holding her hand.

"She'll wake up eventually." Hermione assured, pulling down the binders of the tent.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry." Hermione reassured before pulling out the cotton balls from the first aid. Dipping the cotton ball in the antiseptic liquid, Hermione dabbed it on Harry's cheeks where he was injured.

Harry didn't even flinch once as he was busy staring at the girl who was sleeping in front of her.

"Do you think it's safe to keep her with us?" Harry asked out of nowhere, his eyes never leaving Stella.

"What do you mean?" Hermione cleared her throat awkwardly as she moved to Harry's arms.

"Can we trust her?"

"Harry..." Hermione sighed,"I know that she betrayed you but looking at the conditions now, I don't think she's a danger for us. Look at her, she looks so tired. Like they tortured her. It feels like they have been forcefully pushing her to indulge in this mess. I have known Stella for just few years but I don't think that such an innocent girl could ever think of hurting you. She loves you. Its clearly visible in her eyes."