- sixteen -

xvi. FIRST SLUG CLUB MEETING 

Combing the locks of her black hair, Stella put on her strawberry lip balm when Daphne entered the dorm

"Where are you headed to?" Daphne asked, standing besides her best friend.

"Slug Club." Stella replied simply as Daphne made an 'oh' face.

"Great outfit." Daphne smiled, looking at Stella's baby blue sweater with the same colour trousers.

"I know." Stella smirked, really proud of her choice,"See you."

"Have fun." Daphne laughed as Stella walked out of her dorm and met Blaise who was a part of Slug Club too, downstairs.

"Where are you two going?" Pansy asked, a grumpy expression on her face. She still hasn't talked to Stella even once because she felt like Stella and Draco were getting too close.

"Slughorn invited us to a little get together." Blaise explained before turning to Stella,"Let's go." 

Both of them walked ij silence and when they reached Slughorn's office, he grinned widely. 

"Ah, welcome." Professor Slughorn chortled,"Take your seat." Blaise took a seat besides Mclaggen while Stella took a seat besides Blaise. She smiled at Hermione and Harry who were seated in front of her. 

Professor Slughorn took a seat besides Cormac as he asked him,"So Cormac, tell me, See much of your Uncle Tiberius these days?"

"Yes, Sir."Cormac replied while Stella scooped a spoonful of desert into her mouth,"In fact I'm going to go hunting with him and the Minister for Magic over the holidays."

"Well, be sure to give them both my best."Professor Slughorn chortled.

"What about your uncle, Belby?"He asked, turning to Belby,"For those of you who don't know, Marcus's uncle invented the Wolfsbane potion. Is he working on something new?"

"Dunno."Belby shrugged,"He and my Dad don't get on. Probably because Dad thinks potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is the stiff one at the end of the day." 

Professor Slughorn nodded before turning to Hermione,"And what about you, Miss Granger?What is it your family does in the Muggle world?"

Stella looked over at Hermione, who shifted uncomfortably in her seat before answering,"My parents are Dentists. They tend to take out people's teeth."

"Fascinating."Professor Slughorn commented,"And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No."Hermione answered and then smiled," Though a boy named Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. Needed ten stitches."She laughed quietly while everyone just stared at her in disbelief.

"What about you Stella?" Slughorn asked, startling the girl who was busy eating her dessert,"I have never seen a Parkinson doing exceptionally well in Potions."