- fourteen -

xiv. AS FRIENDS 

With the sunshine falling on her face, Stella's eyes shot open as she got up and saw her dorm mates flipping onto their sides, the sunshine disturbing their sleep

 Stella was about to get in the bathroom when her blue eyes fell on the window sill where she could make out an owl's silhouette. Her morning just got brighter when she realised that it was Harry's letter addressed to the girl who trust.

Dear, the girl who trusts,

It's strange how you didn't write a letter to me this year. I waited till yesterday, hoping you'll write to me but you didn't. I thought you had completed your Hogwarts and already left but when I checked the owlery, your owl, sky was still there, so I guess you're still here.

I hope you're alright because it's worrying me a lot. Write back to me please? So that I know that you're okay.

I won't talk about Voldemort today because that's what goes in my head most of the times, instead I want to talk about this girl who I kind of like? When she's around me, I feel so confident and happy. I couldn't put it into words but it's a whole new and amazing feeling. I want to hold her hand, laugh at her jokes, walk by her side and stare into her beautiful eyes. She has storm in her eyes and peace in her smile.

I won't tell you who she is because I don't want you to accidentally spill it out or tease me about it.

Harry, the boy who lived.

Stella laughed at the last line, her uncombed locks falling on her eyelids as she tucked them behind her ears before picking up a parchment from her trunk. 

She didn't know what to write about after the boy she loved confessed his feelings about another girl who he likes.

It maybe Ginny, Stella wondered. It pained Stella to know that she can never have him but that didn't stop her from thinking about the ways she could. 

Constantly twitching her lips, the girl picked up the quill and started pouring her heart out. 

Dear, the boy who lived, 

I'm okay, thank you for asking. These days were just so chaotic and stressful for me. I'm really sorry I couldn't write to you. 

Speaking about the girl you told me about, it seems like you don't like her, you're clearly in love with her. I'm really upset that you haven't told me the name. That ain't fine okay. But, if you really want her to know how you feel about her, then go on, confess it until it's too late. I hope she realised that how much you adore her. Let me know if something interesting happens. 

Stay strong. 

All the best. 

The girl who trusts.