- twenty two -

xxii. BLOOD

Biting her lips furiously, Stella paced around in the room she was given

Biting her lips furiously, Stella paced around in the room she was given. It was kind of small but warm and cosy. The walls were white but the window frames were dark red. 

Draco knocked on the door softly, fearing that he might disturb her sleep but he didn't know that Stella didn't even sleep last night. She was too occupied with her thoughts.

Draco heard the twist of the knob and looked up to meet the blue eyes which always had an unusual, excited spark in it. Draco's heart dropped at Stella's condition. Stella forced a smile but there wasn't any shine in her eyes when she smiled. It was like a plastic doll, eyes in a daze, distant. It was as if she was always somewhere else.

"Mother says breakfast is ready." Draco informed, waving his hands in front of Stella to bring her back to earth. 

"Breakfast." Draco repeated. 

"I'm not hungry." Stella replied. She tried closing the door but Draco stopped it with both of his hands. 

"Fine, Even I'm not eating then." Draco yelled and moved away to walk downstairs. He heard the creak of the door and satisfyingly smiled to himself. He knew she would never let him be hungry because of herself. 

Closing the door behind her, Stella scampered downstairs not even bothering to glance once at Draco. 

"Stella dear." Narcissa smiled, trying to make the girl feel better. But that ain't enough to lift up Stella's mood.

 After all, the poor girl was just living a horrible nightmare which she knew wasn't going to end.

 Stella sat on the chair and nonchalantly munched on whatever laid on her plate. 

Done with her breakfast, without any word, Stella ran back to her room and locked herself. Draco sighed and returned back to his food when he saw Voldemort making his way inside the manor, accompanied by his father. He froze on his place. 

When Voldemort walked past him in some other room, Draco released the breath he was holding for so long. 

"Get Stella." Lucius yelled from the other room causing Draco to drop his spoon. He didn't want her to get hurt again. When he didn't get up, Lucius moved closer to his chair,"Get. Stella!" 

Draco jumped a little by the intensity of the voice as he nodded and slowly made his way upstairs. 

"ella?" Draco gulped. 

"ella?" He tried again. 

The door opened again as Stella gave him a 'now what' look. 

"They need you downstairs." Draco informed causing Stella to groan in response. When Stella reached downstairs, she was lead into a dark dungeon which had black walls and there was a huge cooking pot in the centre. 

Are they going to cook me? Stella wondered, mentally cursing herself for thinking so stupidly. 

Peter stirred the hot liquid with a big stick, pouring some contents he had collected. 

He moved towards Stella and grabbed her arm harshly causing her to cry in pain. 

"Leave me." Stella begged. 

Peter took out a knife, ready to slash the soft skin. 

"What is he-" Draco tried to protest but his father held him back and glared at him to shut up. 

Red blood started pouring out as soon as the knife came in contact with Stella's delicate skin. She muffled her cries as Peter poured the blood, dripping from Stella's palm into the pot. 

"This is crazy!" Draco muttered under his breath. 

"Leave." Was all Voldemort said before everybody ushered outside. 

"Come." Draco whispered so that only Stella could hear,"You're bleeding." 

Draco dragged Stella to his room and made her sit on his bed. The poor girl just stared into nothingness as blood kept on trickling down her palm. 

Draco dabbed the cotton ball and cleaned the blood. His heart broke when he noticed that the poor girl wasn't even flinching a little. It was like she's used to it. 

Muttering a charm, Draco wrapped a bandage around her palm. 

"Ella?" Draco softly said, fearing that even a faint sound would break the girl. 

Stella started sobbing uncontrollably as Draco pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her. Draco urged her to lay down on the bed and have a nap but she denied. 

Few minutes later, Voldemort walked inside Draco's room to see his daughter who was sleeping peacefully with her head on Draco's shoulder. Draco stiffened up when he saw Voldemort and shook Stella lightly.

"Let me sleep." Stella groaned, hugging Draco tightly.

"Ella." Draco tried again causing the girl to groan and open her eyes.

"What?" The girl asked, glaring at the boy sitting besides him. She turned around where Draco was staring at and quickly climbed down the bed.

"I want to talk to you." Voldemort started, faking a smile,"Alone."

Draco got the signal and left the room before shutting the door behind him.

"How have you been my child?" Voldemort asked, walking a little closer to where Stella stood.
Stella didn't reply. 

"What's bothering you?" Voldemort inquired. 

"Why didn't you come to take me earlier?" Stella ignored his question,"why now?" 

"I did come to take you back, my child." Voldemort smiled,"Remember the vision you saw? I knew you would do anything to save your fake father. I knew that by hook or crook, you'll reach the ministry and you did. That was the first time I saw you after sixteen years.If Dumbledore wouldn't have arrived, I would have taken you with me." 

"Why did you come back to.." Stella tried to ask the question she has been dying to,"take me? Why am I so important?" 

"I already told you my child." Voldemort laughed darkly,"You don't realise how powerful you are. I was turning out to be weak and vulnerable and I knew that only you can help me out. Your blood, its a gift which has just empowered me." 

-

"Is he okay?" Stella cried after Draco told her about the attack on the burrow,"Are they okay?" 

"I think so." Draco shrugged,"After all he's Harry Potter." 

"You're such an idiot." Stella frowned as tears kept pouring down her cheeks. 

"Come on Ella." Draco sighed, taking a seat besides his friend,"He's going to be okay. He has people to protect him. You should worry about yourself." 

"It's useless." Stella shrugged,"What's the point in worrying about myself when I already know my fate?"