- thirty one -

xxxi. HELPING HAND 

Two of the Death Eaters found Stella near an apartment when they couldn't find her anywhere else earning Voldemort's wrath

"My lord, you're bleeding." Bellatrix whispered, standing close to him but Voldemort raised his hand gesturing her to shut her mouth.

"On the chair." Voldemort ordered as the death eaters tucked her in the chair, her head falling on her shoulder.

On hearing the voices, Draco ran to the drawing room to find Stella unconsciously sitting on the chair.

"Wake her up!" Voldemort thundered causing everybody to gulp the lump which had formed in their throat.

Gaspar Avery, one of the Death Eaters shook her little but that didn't wake her up.

"Aquamenti." He quietly muttered, pointing his wand over Stella's head. Few drops of water fell on Stella's eye making her move a little.

Stella's eyes fluttered open as she took in her surroundings. In front of her was Voldemort, his shoulder bleeding while his eyes were burning with rage and fury. Stella was scared again.

"Leave." Voldemort shouted as everybody scampered out of the room.

Fear became a tangible, living force that crept over Stella like some hungry beast, immobilizing her; her brain, holding her captive. Terror washed over her, raising the fine hairs on the back of her neck.

"What do you think you were doing?" Voldemort hissed, standing few steps away from where Stella was.

Stella lowered her head and looked down at her feet. Pounding of the heart was the only sound she could hear at that moment.

"SPEAK!" Voldemort yelled causing Stella to squeeze her eyes tightly.

"I.. I di-did n-nothing." Stella stuttered.

"Lying to me?" Voldemort bitterly laughed sending chills down Stella's spine.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Growled Voldemort, harshly grabbing Stella's jaw causing her to wince in pain.

"You attacked your own father for that Potter boy?"

"I d-didn't."

Voldemort removed his hand away from Stella and paced around the room.

"Listen to me, If you ever try to save him again you'll face some severe consequences!" Voldemort warned, stopping in front of her. Stella gulped and reluctantly nodded.

"My lord." Lucius barged inside the room,"I forgot to tell you something very important!"

"What is it Lucius?"

Lucius slowly walked inside the drawing room, leaning close to Voldemort's ear.

"I forgot to tell you that..." Lucius's voice trembled,"back at the ministry, S-Stella heard the prophecy. I saw it with my own eyes but it just slipped out of my head."

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS NOW?!" Voldemort shouted causing the Malfoy to flinch while Stella shut her ears.

"I.. I'm s-sorry, my lord." Lucius apologised with quivering voice.

Voldemort walked towards Stella and smiled at her.

"What was the prophecy you heard?" He asked causing Stella to frown in confusion as she had already forgot about it.

"What prophecy?" Stella questioned back.

"At the ministry when you were there." Lucius reminded.

That's when it clicked Stella ; the prophecy.

"I d-don't remember." Stella lied.

"Was it something related to the Potter boy?" Voldemort asked.

"I said I don't remember!" Stella exclaimed.

Voldemort turned around and looked at Lucius before turning to Stella, ordering her to go.

"D-Do.... you think it's what Treawlney said sixteen years ago?" Lucius asked, his eyes showing fear.

"She'll be the next most powerful witch and a helping hand for the Potter boy." Voldemort remembered the words.

He knew that he would have to keep Stella with him otherwise if she joins Potter, Voldemort's plans will fail.

-

Meanwhile at the burrow, Harry was sitting in Ron's bedroom, looking at the stars through the window. Stella's face flashed in front of his eyes. He felt guilty for leaving her all alone while she was unconscious.

"Where are you?" Hermione frowned as Ron and Ginny followed her inside the room.

"What do you mean?" Harry cleared his throat and turned to look at them.

"You look so lost." Ron commented,"What's bothering you?"

"Why did she help me?" Harry blurted out, looking away.

"Who?" Ginny questioned as the three of them sat around Harry.

"Stella."Harry gulped.

"Stella?" Ron asked,"helped you?"

"After betraying you?" Ginny added.

Harry nodded still not meeting anyone's gaze.
"She attacked Voldemort." Harry croaked out causing others to gasp in shock,"For me..."

"Maybe she's just trying to earn your trust again so that she can get you?" Ginny suggested.

"No." Harry denied,"I saw the look in her eyes. It was honest, genuine, she really wanted to help me."

"Maybe Voldemort is forcing her in this you know?" Hermione guessed,"Maybe she doesn't wants to do it but he forced her so she agreed to join him. But she still..."

Harry raised one of his eyebrows waiting for Hermione to complete.

"Maybe she still cares for you." Hermione completed, an unsure look on her face.

"But you still can't trust her!" Ginny exclaimed earning a nod frome Ron in agreement.

"I have never thought about it but this thing is bothering me a lot." Harry admitted as everyone gestured him to continue,"Back at the ministry when I heard my prophecy, before that I saw Stella holding a prophecy and I swear I read the words 'Tom Riddle' engraved on it."

"She's a part of the prophecy?" Hermione gasped.

"That's what it looks like." Harry shrugged,"I mean why else does Voldemort needs her? Isn't he enough alone?"

"You've got a point." Ron nodded.

"That means when the time comes... You'll have to fight her...." Hermione whispered, not sure about what she was saying.

Harry looked away, a huge lump forming in his throat. He was once again helpless.