𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Shhh, cousin, don't cry

"Shhh, cousin, don't cry." Raven begged as she held Draco in her arms, a position that resembled a child clinging onto his mother when he'd fallen and hurt himself. Raven found him like this, sobbing over a dead bird in the room of requirement were she was heading to scream.

"He's gonna kill us." Draco sobbed as he clinched Ravens arms so tightly it would surely leave tiny bruises the next day, "He's gonna kill you."

"He's not gonna hurt us." Raven spoke sternly, though she didn't believe it herself and was nearly certain Voldemort would have the pair murdered sooner rather then later, "I'm not gonna let a single person hurt you."

While Raven and Draco bickered constantly and spent more time then either wanted together, he is and always will be her favorite person. Raven didn't love her father, she hadn't loved her uncle either. She sometimes loved her aunt and mother, only sometimes that was, often times she'd hold so much hate and anger for them for never stepping up because they were scared as well. Raven hated her mother at times for sitting back and not doing anything each time Arlow would strike Raven across the face, she'd hated Narcissa at times when she would let Lucious speak so horribly to Draco too.

But but him, Raven could never hate Draco. He was her light in the dark and twisted tunnel the pair lived in, he was the only person she'd ever truly loved fully. Raven had sworn to protect him no matter who it hurt in the process, including herself. She'd die for him, kill for him, do anything just to keep him safe. He was her best friend, her only real family at heart instead of blood.. he was her person as she was his.

Raven hadn't attended breakfast the next morning, she couldn't bring herself to face Hermione yet. Raven knew it would only make her feel or appear weak by seeing the Granger girl, only hurt her worse then what she was feeling now. Raven got Draco to sleep with a gently hum last night, casting a noise preventing spell on him so he could sleep peacefully in the Room Of Requirements as she stayed up all night working on the Vanishing Cabinet. Like her cousin was just hours before, she had absolutely no luck at all in making it how he wanted it to be.

When she felt as though it was okay to head for a late breakfast, figuring Hermione most likely disappeared to the library by now, Raven headed down the hallway. The worst part about her day was passing the boys wash rooms, she had to each morning to get to the Great Hall and it put her in the worst of moods. Boys were gross and loud, she didn't like them one bit and always wished Dumbledore had put her on the other side of the castle.

But today, she was beyond thankful she had passed them on her way.

The water that poured from the large room alarmed her first, coming up just in time to hear zaps of wands while getting sight of the flashes. Then she heard a sound, a sound she hated. She heard her cousin cry out in pain as a large splash was heard. With panic laced in her eyes, heart thumping in her chest, the Black girl charged into the room she hated most.