𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Raven was getting use to having Hermione so close again

Raven was getting use to having Hermione so close again. She was starting to remember the familiar scent of old books that lingered on the Granger girl. Raven was getting use to listening to her heartbeat again while Hermione would hold Raven against her chest as a protective habit. Their heartbeats began to align again as well as catching onto each other's habits and adopting them for themselves.

"That sounds so horrible." Raven spoke, her head laid on Hermiones chest while the brunette under her played with her fingers. Ravens forearm was bandaged and hidden under a long sleeve shirt, a idea Bill had to keep Ravens mind off of it as much as possible, "I'm glad Ron was okay and made it back to you guys."

Hermiones laughter made Ravens chest vibrate, "Who are you and what have you done with Raven?"

Raven had to crack a smile as she leaned off her chest to look at her with a nose scrunch, "It's you, mad woman, you've softened me too much, it's sick."

The pair laughed together again as Hermione stroked Ravens hair, seeing her slip off into her brain again and leave the world, "What is it your thinking about?"

"My cousin." Raven said honestly as she sighed, "My father... I can't believe I-"

"Saved us and yourself, I can." Hermione cut her off with stern eyes and flushed checks, "Because you were determined to make sure I was safe, powerful enough to stop what could have lead to something worse for both of us."

Raven knew she was right, she knew what she did was the right choice. Her silence alarmed Hermione in the slightest as worry laced in her eyes when Raven failed to meet her eyes, "Raven."

"M'sorry." Raven said as she snapped back to reality, her eyes finding Hermiones again, "I'm just worried."

"I know." Hermione said, she read Raven a lot better then what she knew she did, "He'll be okay, Malfoy, you'd know if he wasn't."

Raven nodded in agreement, she knew the amount of shared pain and joy her and Draco had was enough to tie the pair back together if anything happened to the other, "You're right.... it's just a big change."

"What is?" Hermione asked curiosity as Raven fell onto the pillow with a dramatic sigh, her dark lock and bleached underside spreading out over the light blue pillow.

"Being the good guy." Raven said with a joking grin, "Don't know how you did it."

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully as she looked down at Raven with admirably eyes, "Can I tell you something?"

Raven nodded, waiting for her to go on.

"I've never seen anyone as beautiful as you." Hermione said quickly, her face flushed as she did so and attempting to bite back her grin. Raven chuckled slightly at her words as she looked up at her, shifting so she was on her elbow as well, the pair on the same level again.