𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"Could you breath any louder?" Raven groaned from the other side of the classroom, hearing Hermione huff and puff every few seconds

"Could you breath any louder?" Raven groaned from the other side of the classroom, hearing Hermione huff and puff every few seconds. Slughorns detention wasn't bad, he told them he didn't believe in punishment but did think it was best to learn from mistakes. Raven agreed, though she would rather be in this situation with anyone other then Hermione Granger.

"Forgive me for not wanting to be here." Hermione spoke annoyed, her posh accent echoing in the vase she was cleaning after she emphasized on the word not.

"Oh yes, the first detention for Hermione Jean Granger, must be so horrible." Raven mocked a she set the dusty glass down and began clapping slowly as Hermione took a deep breath with flared nostrils and turning to look back at the girl.

"As if it's a bad thing I care about my reputation, Merlin forbid it." the Granger girl said with a scoff Raven couldn't take seriously. Hermione features were too soft to be taken seriously when she was angry, it was one of the many reason she did it so much just to see the comical look of her face, "Why must you laugh?"

"Because I can't take you seriously, not like that." Raven said as she leaned over as she laughed, the joyful noise new to Hermione. Sure, she'd heard Raven laugh before but in a much eviler and mocking way. The one that would echo from her throat when a first year fell walking toward the sitting hat or when she'd cast a spell from across the Great Hall on Cho Chang to dump her lunch on her head. But now Raven laughed as if she meant it, laughed because she genuinely was amused rather then proud.

"So joyed you find this funny." Hermione said annoyed as she spun on her heels to place the old and now cleaned cup back on the shelf.

"Oh come on, Granger, don't you want to live a bit? Not be so stuck up for once in your pathetic muggle life?" Raven asked as she used her upper arm strength to push herself onto the table and cross her legs. Hermione rolled her eyes, she could basically see Ravens expression in the back of her head.

"Not when we're in the midst of a detention that was entirely your fault." she snapped at the Black daughter while whipping around to look at her with a nasty glare that was not comical anymore, "My life is far from pathetic, not compared to yours that is."

"Pathetic? My life? Pathetic?" Raven asked defensively and in disbelief as she hoped off the table and hurried to lean on the shelf next to Hermione with knitted eyebrows and a clinched jaw, "Have you forgotten where I come from?"

"Oh i'm well aware where and who you come from." Hermione said with a scoff. Usually she wasn't so hotheaded and snappy with others but she'd gotten use to this by now, after spending the last five years with Raven it was normal for the two to be at each other throats every chance they got, "You certainly still do not know the difference between privileged and class, that's pathetic."

"I gave plenty of class, at least I bothered to brush my hair the first two years." Raven shot back at her as she followed Hermione who laughed sarcastically and headed for the other side of the shelf.