𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

"Stay close

"Stay close." Raven spoke as Draco held the back of her loose shirt, the two sneaking their way out of the Slytherin tower. Raven held a bottle of what appeared to be alcohol in her hand, having it laced with poison, haven it stolen from Slughorns room just a few hours before.

"When will he give it to him?" Draco asked in a whisper, despite his voice echoing slightly within the tower.

"Christmas I could imagine, I over heard him telling Professor Trelawney it was a gift for getting him the job here." Raven whispered as she looked both ways before the hallway, waiting to see if the cost was clear. When she saw as it was, her and Draco hurried down the hallway before the professors room.

"Do you want me to bring it in?" Draco asked as Raven stared at him. The last thing she wanted to do was bring this in there, but she'd rather be the one to rather then Draco just incase they were caught.

"Just signal me if you see anyone coming." Raven said as the Malfoy boy nodded his head, eyeing the hallway as Raven slowly opened the door. To her luck, Slughorn hadn't been there, rather in a professors meeting that she made sure Snape planned ahead of times. Hurrying over toward the place she stole it from in the first place, Raven quickly put the Bungbarrel Spiced Mead back.

She stared at it a moment, a odd feeling over taking her whole body. She was proud of herself for getting this done, proud of herself that maybe after a few months she'd finally finish the task the two were expected to get done a long time ago. And then a new feeling, one she wasn't use to.

Guilt

Raven wasn't use to the feeling nor did she feel it much before now. She rarely cared for anyone else aside from the people outside of her tight knit group, she never felt guilt for hurting others. And now, this year, she felt so much more. She hurt and pained knowing she was gonna be the cause of someone death, someone who she wasn't even fond of, his death that would soon lead to others death.

Hermiones death.

Voldemort would target muggles first, killing them all, killing Hermione parents and paining her in the process. He'd then kill muggle born witches and wizards, meaning Hermione would be murdered even if she was the best witch in their year, her blood wasn't pure and clean like Voldemort wanted. Raven knew this, it pained her more then anything to think about it. Any other year she would have shrugged at the thought, not caring who was killed as long as she and her friends got to live. And that was because they were all pure blood Slytherins.

But now things were different. Now Raven had Hermione, and merlin did she care about her.

"Raven." Draco said quickly as he poked his head into the door, "Hurry, someone's coming."

Raven left the bottle there as she hurried out the room, shutting the door quietly before her and Draco took off down the hall and back to the Slytherin common room, both being some what relived and pained all at once.