𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Nice of you to join us, Raven

"Nice of you to join us, Raven." Dumbledore said as he stared at Draco who had his wand drawn toward him, hearing the girls footsteps get closer from behind him. She stood just as her cousin did, freshly stains tear marks on her face as her wand was a few feet away from his back side.

"Dumbledore, sorry we had to speak on such terms." Raven said, though her words held no remorse for him, more so only a bit broken and scratchy from running through the cold night and the fresh sob she had moments before.

"Draco." Dumbledore began, clearly wanting to poke at the weaker one first, "Years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help!" Draco snapped at him, his voice getting higher and higher much like his emotions did, "Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill us."

Raven could sense the crying he held through his words, inching forward to finish the act so he hadn't been the one to carry the weight on him. Dumbledores voice rang before she had the chance to, "Raven... i've been watching you recently, closely when I could."

"What's that suppose to mean?" she found herself asking, anger in her voice. She was angry at everyone right, angry that she had to be hear rather then with Hermione, angry she had to break her heart or else Raven and her love would be killed.

"You aren't the monster you have convinced yourself and others you are." Dumbledore spoke so calm as if he couldn't be killed any second now, he didn't turn to her, only speaking her way, "You're heart is the unique kind not many care to speak on. You grow to care for others without realizing it until the time comes, do you know? You may speak with so much anger and pain others in the process but that does not shield what you're heart truly believes. You don't wish to kill me."

Raven would cry if she hadn't drained herself with Hermione. Dumbledore was correct, as he was most of the time. Raven was weak, she was broken and wasn't nearly as angry and cruel as she made herself out to be. Ravens heart was gold, rose gold because she had a touch of blood from the ones she'd hurt so badly. But for the sake of not herself, but her cousin and Hermione, she couldn't die and leave them here alone, "You're wrong, don't tell me what I feel."

"Perhaps I am." Dumbledore said casually to her words, sensing she had believed him the first time around. Footsteps ran down the steps as the three looked to see Bellatrix staring with wide, astonishing eyes.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here." she spoke, Raven couldn't tell if she was talking about Dumbledore in general or perhaps what the teens were just seconds away from doing, "Well done, my dear niece and nephew."

Bellatrix kissed Draco softly on the check as she sent one from her palm toward Raven across the room who still held her wand before her, hands shaking slightly in the process. The way she was holding her arm was enough to have her sleeve roll up, baring the Dark Mark to the public eye.