𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Breath in

Breath in.

Breath out.

Steady hands.

Good posture.

Aim.

Raven Black repeated these five steps in her mind like she did any other day, standing behind the Black Manor. It was exactly as it sounded, exactly how you could picture it. Black roses lined everywhere with the sad white fountain in the middle of the large backyard that lead to a forest.

The forest.

That where Raven was aiming to. She had a tree she constantly focused on each time she'd go out, the wood breaking down more and more as the days past. She almost felt bad for distorting it so bad, but she didn't deep down, she'd only pretend sometimes for her mother's sake. Raven didn't care that the tree was dying because of her own pleasure, she liked doing it.

Archery.

That was her thing. It was always her things and she figured it always would be. Pulling the arrow back with her arm muscles that would burn, feeling the breeze fly past her face when she let it go, watching it hit the tree trunk and and split even more. Raven loved it, it was one of the few things she found joy in.

She could feel the familiar eyes watching her from inside the green house that only consisted of dead plants. The night air blew her dark locks back, revealing the underside of her hair that was a bleach blonde to go along with her fathers side of the family. Breathing in, breathing out, stead hands, good posture, aim.

And she hit the tree with the arrow perfectly.

"Cousin?" Draco spoke up, his voice low as he stared at the back of her head. Raven knew, she knew why he was here. Draco wasn't here just to talked to her, just for them to talk for hours like they always did because they were the only two that understood, "It's time."

Raven held her mother's hand, walking between her and Narcissa, Draco on his mother's other side. It was dark, darkness was the only time for them to head out without being seen. Raven knew where she was going, she wanted this, she wanted this sense she was exposed to it as a child.

But she wanted it on her own time, in her own hands, her own decision.

And she knew her dear cousin did as well, they'd spoken about it even.

"Will people talk?" Raven asked her mother who, like Narissa, look scared and hesitant for what was to come.

"Oh, no darling, they couldn't." Penelope spoke sadly, Raven knew that was true. If anyone spoke about Draco and Ravens near future, it surely couldn't end well.

Penelope held Ravens hand tighter as they walked down the narrow ally way, getting closer and closer to their destination. Raven felt her heart race, she'd be lying if she said she was slightly fearful but refused to let it show, keeping her head up as high as she could.