A Ranger Exclusive

Author's Note: Shorter chapter, I admit, this one was difficult to write. The actual episode bounced around so much I had trouble nailing down a solid place to put Alexander.

I think these next few episodes are going to follow the same sort of pattern, so any ideas you all have are most welcome.

Thank you all so much for reading, leave a comment or suggestion wherever you see fit, and as always, stay safe!

"Why am I here while the others are riding straight into a battle," Alexander asked Hayley.

The two were in HQ trying to figure out what was going on with his Dino Gem. She'd hooked him up to as many medical machines she possibly could, but could barely stand the sight of the scars littering his chest, arms, and back.

"Because I don't know what this thing will do to you if you use it," Hayley explained, careful to look only at his face, "I don't want you in another coma...Or worse."

He sighed, looking at all the medical equipment he was hooked up to.

"I haven't had any issues with morphing, though," Alexander protested, "Just when I get...Emotional."

"Well, I don't want it to happen at all," Hayley spun around, hands on her hips.

"Study away, Dr. Ziktor," Alexander relented snarkily.

"Don't 'Dr. Ziktor' me, buddy," She giggled, pointing at him, "In all seriousness, we've gotta figure out what is doing this to you."

"The meteorite from a couple months ago," Alexander answered immediately, "After I used my gem as a catalyst, It's like when we were all affected by it."

"Hmm," Hayley mused, "If only someone told you not to do that..."

"You know what they say about hindsight."

"Yea--"

She was cut off by the computer beeping.

"That's what I thought," She stared at the screen.

"Whatcha got?"

"The meteorite is changing the genetic structure of your gem," She explained.

"And since that genetic structure is bonded with me," Alexander continued, "It's affecting me."

"Mhmm."

"What am I supposed to do, Hayley? It's not like I can just sit out on all the ranger fights."