Marionettes and Promises Kept

Author's Note: 3500 words for all of you amazing readers! Enjoy!

"I'm getting a weird signal," Hayley told the full HQ.

In addition to the team, Rose and Tori had remained in Reefside until they could get Alexander back, though the latter wasn't present at the HQ.

"Alex," Kira immediately asked.

"Not sure," The redhead continued typing, "I'm activating the cameras now."

Sure enough, Alexander was just getting to his feet, rolling his shoulders before speaking.

"Finally," The voice that emanated wasn't anything like Alexander's, it was high, sweet, feminine...Definitely not the Alexander they knew.

"Kira," Rose finally spoke, "I'm not sure that's him."

"I think we'd notice if it was Alexander," Ethan cut in.

"Look at his eyes," Kira's face was millimeters from the screen.

"What does that--"

"She's right, Conner," Tommy cut him off.

"What's going on, Tommy," Rose's supercomputer mind was running in overdrive.

"It's gone," He answered, "The compulsion...It's gone."

Conner scoffed.

"I'm serious," Tommy turned to look at the team, "Usually it's always in the back of my mind, like something else pushing emotions forward. Wanting blood. Wanting to witness pain."

"He's definitely gotten enough of that," Trent spoke up, now knowing full well what Alexander had gone through in his life.

"I don't care what happened," Kira turned to leave HQ, "But he's been gone for almost a month. I'm getting him back."

"Not alone, you're not," Trent hopped off the counter.

"Let's go," Conner led the team out and towards Alexander.

The team found him in an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town. Alexander was staring out one of the loading doors, armed only with a single sword nestled in a sheath on his back.

"Alex," Kira called out.

He turned around, analyzing the group silently.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Conner voiced.