Day of the Dino: Part 2

"Alexander," Conner asked.

"Dr. O., before you go off," Ethan said, "Can we explain why we're here?"

"Dude, they're just going to laugh when we tell them," Conner told him.

"It's the truth," Ethan fired back, "They'll believe us."

"All right," Conner relented.

"Get to the point today, if you would," Alexander said brashly.

"Kira's gone," Conner said.

"She got taken by these weird-looking dinosaur things," Ethan added.

Tommy looked at Alexander.

"They don't look convinced," Conner snarked.

"They're called tyrannodrones," Alexander said.

"And you know that because...," Ethan trailed off.

"I helped create them," Tommy finished.

"Oh, class project," Ethan asked sarcastically.

"Long story," Alexander cut in.

"For now, we gotta figure out what they want with Kira," Tommy said.

"It might have something to do with these," Conner held out the yellow gem.

"Awesome," Alexander said sarcastically, "You remember when I told you not to touch them? Think maybe you should've listened?"

"We're really sorry," Conner said as Tommy took the gem from him, "How were we supposed to know those things had, like, superpowers, and those lizard dudes were going to come looking for 'em?"

Tommy sighed, "I guess it isn't exactly something you see every day."

"Sort of like a science teacher and his son with the ruins of an ancient civilization under their house," Ethan asked.

"Like, not that this isn't all really cool," Conner said, "But, dude, you gotta come clean."

"Okay, first of all, don't call me dude," Tommy responded, "Second, as hard as this may seem, you two need to forget all about this. Alexander and I will find Kira."

Conner used his superspeed to move in front of Tommy as he tried to walk away.

"The gem's powers are already starting to bond with you," Tommy said.

"You can tell us all about it now, or at my next parent-teacher conference," Conner threatened.