Bully for Ethan

Author's Note: Three thousand words for all of you amazing readers. Not really much to say about it, just that I hope you enjoy. Thank you all for reading, leave a comment or suggestion wherever you see fit, and as always, stay safe!

Alexander nearly never stuck around after school ended. The only reason to do so was extracurriculars, which wasn't even an option for him. The others, though, were all about it.

Ethan was chatting with his computer club buddies, Conner was watching one of his teammates fail at kicking a soccer ball, and Alexander, well, he wasn't sure why he was there other than he wanted to get more acquainted with what the others did.

Kira bumped his shoulder jokingly, "Having fun yet?"

"I'd rather not be here," He admitted, watching one of Conner's teammates miss the net by a longshot, way above the bar.

"Yikes," Kira offered.

"Was he kicking a field goal?"

"Wrong football," Kira giggled.

Conner set down another ball, his teammate missing again, only this time, knocking Ethan's computer out of his hands.

"Hey," Ethan shouted, storming over.

"What are you complaining about, geek," The soccer player taunted.

Alexander went to interject but was stopped by Kira.

"Allie, no," She held his wrist.

"First of all, my name is Ethan, not 'geek,'" Ethan fumed, "Out of this whole field, you had to kick the ball over there? You really do need practice."

"Well, look, Ethan," He sneered, "This is my field, and I kick the ball where I want to kick it."

"Wish he'd kick it over here," Alexander muttered, Kira elbowing him lightly in the ribs.

"Obviously everywhere except the net," Ethan shot back.

"That's it," The soccer player drew his fist back, stopped only by Conner practically dragging him away, only after Ethan was threatened.

"Let's go," Kira pulled Alexander away from the fading spectacle, "Dr. O. wants me to help him organize some of his things and if I'm sitting through it, you are too."

"Gee, thanks, Sis," The words tumbled out of his mouth, "Really feeling the love here."

She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Sorry," He apologized quickly, "I don't know why--"