Thunder Struck Part 1

Author's Note: It's been a long time, I know, and I'm so sorry! Work cranked the dial to eleven and I've been too exhausted to even open this app.

I've written this chapter a grand total of fourteen times, and I hope you enjoy this iteration.Thank you all so much for your patience, and now for the story!

"Buddy," Hayley's voice rang through Alexander's phone as he paced through the woods, sword swinging in his grip.

"Yeah," He replied curtly, rolling his neck in an attempt to pop a rather uncooperative spot.

"I got some more on that Jayden Shiba you asked me to look up."

"Shoot."

"He's a ranger. Samurai to be exact," The redhead informed, "Currently no active team, but four other morphers are active in that region."

"Any others out here?"

"Just one other," She responded, "Looks like Shiba."

"Thanks."

"Short answers today," Hayley quirked, "Not sleeping well, are you?"

"No."

"You only give me one-word answers when you're exhausted from trying to learn something really quickly."

He only grunted in response as he kicked a stick in front of him.

"You're planning on going over there, aren't you?"

"If you've read what I have then you know I don't really have a choice," He responded flatly.

"You've always got a choice, buddy."

A snapping twig alerted him to movement nearly twelve yards behind, according to Alexander's estimation.

He spun around to find a contingent of tyrannodrones and a lieutenant priming themselves to strike.

"I'll call you back," Alexander told the redhead, fingers inching toward his tonfas, "I gotta work."

He hung the phone up and drew his twin weapons. The throbbing in his forearms made him giddy to put the batons to work. Alexander's arms were already more yellow and purple than flesh-colored, attesting to the new training regiment he'd started. He welcomed the pain, though it made it easier to stay alert and precise.

"Hand over that gem," The lieutenant demanded, pointing a claymore at the purple ranger.

Alexander raised his fists, "Come and get it."

The tyrannodrones swarmed The first two were quickly batted aside as Alexander maneuvered himself into the center of the fray.