Copy That

Author's Note: Two thousand reads! Thank you all so much. Shorter chapter this time but it was a joy to write. Thank you all so much for reading, leave a comment or suggestion wherever you see fit, and as always, stay safe!

Alexander, Kira, and Conner were sitting at Cyberspace, idly chatting with one another as they worked on their schoolwork. They were startled out of their headspace by Ethan dropping a platter of drinks while meeting it on the ground.

"Clean up on aisle five," Conner snarked.

"Yeah, since when do you work here," Kira asked.

"Hayley's really been short-handed since Trent quit," Ethan explained, getting to his feet, "I'm just trying to help her out."

"Yeah, I guess kicking our butts has kept Trent real busy these days," Conner mused.

"Yeah," Ethan agreed, "No doubt."

"And you wonder why I spend so much time in the woods," Alexander said.

"I hate to say this, but I think you guys might've been right," Kira admitted, "Maybe there is no good left in Trent."

Ethan walked away to find a mop.

"What're you thinking Alexander," Conner asked, "You got that face."

Alexander had noticed a figure passing by the window.

"I'm thinking I want to take a walk," Alexander got up and collected his things, "Call me if you need."

"Bye Alex," Kira called after him, knowing that she couldn't stop him once he set his mind on something.

He walked around the building into the same alley from the week before, "You really need to figure out how to blend into a crowd."

"When did you--"

"Pink does not blend in with anything," Alexander turned to Kimberly, crossing his arms, "Why are you following me around?"

"We didn't get to finish our conversation the other day," She responded.

"What didn't get said?"

"Alexander, I know you hate me, you've got every reason to--"

"I don't hate you," Alexander cut her off, "I should, I really should, and I want to, but I don't."

"You don't hate me," She echoed, "How, I've--"

"Because I'm too terrified to hate you," Alexander cut her off again, "I'm too distracted with the nightmares, the scars, the paranoia. I simply don't have the time to hate you."