Diva In Distress

The team was at Hayley's, watching Kira perform on stage, although it seemed like they were the only ones. Cyberspace was incredibly busy, sending Hayley scurring all over the establishment while she tried to sate the needs of her customers.

Kira finished and joined her team at their table, their cheers being nearly the only ones that reached her ears.

"That was awesome," Conner complimented, "Is that something new?"

"Yeah, I'm still working on the hook, but I think there's something there," Kira shrugged.

"I'm telling you, if this superhero gig doesn't work out, you definitely have a musical career to fall back on," Ethan said.

"It's kind of hard to have a musical career when you can't get anyone to listen to you play," Kira lamented as Trent put a bottle of juice in front of her.

"Well, I was listening, and I think you rock," Trent said.

"What are you working on," Kira asked, looking at his notebook.

"Not until it's done," He responded, pulling the notebook into his chest.

"Nobody appreciates good music anymore," Tommy said, "All you hear on the radio is that pop garbage."

"Yeah, like what's her name," Hayley added, "Kylee Styles?"

"Hey, Kylee Styles has some good music," Conner piped up.

"Negative," Alexander finally contributed to the conversation.

"Translation," Ethan rewrote Conner's words, "He thinks she's fine."

"No I don't," Conner fired back, "Okay, yeah, I do but that has nothing to do with it."

"You know, she used to be a really good songwriter," Kira said, "She was really sweet, too. Now she's all about image."

"You say that like you two are friends," Ethan surmised.

"Brilliant deduction, Dr. Watson," Alexander snarked.

"We used to be," Kira corrected Ethan, the latter shooting a look of disbelief to Conner, "What? It's true. We were in a band together. Then she got discovered by this agent, and now she's this huge pop diva."

"Oh, come on, you don't expect us to believe that, do you," Conner asked.

"Believe what you want, it's true," Kira fired back.

"No matter what these two think, I believe you, Kira," Tommy said.

"Ditto," Alexander added, the Olivers' words causing her to smile.