A Long Time Coming

Kimberly's words hung in the air for what felt like hours.

"How long have you...," Tommy trailed off as he took in Kimberly's glare and Alexander's wary stance, "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"I'm telling you now," Kimberly replied, turning to Alexander, "I—"

"Why are you really here," Alexander cut her off, "Two on one? Felt like a bit of nostalgia, perhaps? Because I'm not rolling over and I'm not the helpless little kid I used to be."

Kimberly sighed as she remembered the times in Alexander's childhood where she and Tommy had done just that, "I promised you that you never had to worry about that again. I'll never do that to you again, Alexander."

"Heard that before," Alexander toyed with his bow's string, arrow still nocked, watching his mother try to make a comeback, "Whatever. What hasn't been said? We've played this game for a few days now and never seem to make it to the end."

Tommy looked between the two in incredulity, his family finally reunited, just not in a very positive way.

"Kim, why wouldn't you tell me," Tommy asked.

She turned to face him, "I was going to, but every time I went to look for you, something happened."

Alexander took the momentary distraction to key his morpher discretely.

"The point," Alexander interrupted their small discussion, "You disappear for years and show back up to what? Ask for forgiveness? Try to appease your conscience? What's your endgame?"

His gem began to glow purple, the light faint as his emotions began to flare.

"I—I don't know," She admitted, "I just wanted—needed to see you again. Both of you."

"Kim," Tommy started, "I need you to explain what's going on."

"The three of us haven't had any time together, I wanted to check in on you both...Can I not do that," She asked, "It's been years and all I've done is think about the past. What we've done, what shouldn't have been done."

"That's great," Alexander said sarcastically, his gem glowing a bit brighter, "Meanwhile on planet Earth, you haven't said anything worthwhile. So, you'll have to excuse me while I take my leave."

He turned to walk away.

"Alexander," Tommy stopped him, "Maybe we should talk."

"About what," Alexander repeated, already irate, "Our beloved family? Dear Mommy and Daddy beating the ever-loving sh—"

"No," Kimberly cut him off, "I wanted to know how you've been. Since..."