[ 𝟎𝟎𝟒 ] 𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬'𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

___________________________________

𝐘/𝐧

After the whole kitchen fiasco, I went upstairs to walk around a bit. I still can't believe that jerk is back; he should've listened to me. I passed by posters that said punch and kick on them knowing they were for helping us with self defense. While walking, I passed by Reginald's office and peeked inside.

I do remember this one time I came into his office while he was out for two weeks, I came across my file that had my powers, reports, and my birth certificate with important information.

Once I got back from my fear, I searched his office for any information I could on him. I need to find him no matter what.

He's all I have left.

I've came up empty handed many times, found dead ends, and was left with little to no information on him.

He's my main goal here. And with the others not remembering who he is, there's no way I can continue.

Brushing the memory off, I decided to go back downstairs. Going down the staircase, I see Five and Vanya standing beyond the fire looking at Fives portrait. I didn't want to intrude, so I just sat down on the stairs listening in.

"Nice to know Dad didn't forget about me," Five turns away from his portrait. "Read your book, by the way," Vanya looks down in guilt. "Found it in a library that was still standing. I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets. Sure that went over well," Five faced her.

"They hate me. Well, except for Y/n. I'm surprised she even read it even though she's only been here for a year. I'm just shocked dad still had the book. You know, a lot has happened to her since you left, " Vanya frowns.

"What happened to Y/n?" Five becomes concerned.

"It's not my place to tell," Vanya turns it down.

Thank god, I didn't want him to find out so soon.

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen," Five adds. 

"You mean like what happened to Ben?" Vanya asks, making Five look down.

"Was it bad?" Five asks, leading Vanya to give a sad nod. "How did Y/n take it?"

Vanya shakes her head. "She wasn't there. But when she found out she was heart broken. Stayed in her room crying herself to sleep some nights," And with that, Vanya left the room and went towards the staircase.

"Oh, Y/n, I didn't know you were there," Vanya gives a frightened look.

"It's fine, don't worry. Someone would have to tell him at some point. Glad you gave me a head start," I give her a smile while I stand up, brushing the invisible dust off my clothes. "When's the funeral?"

Vanya thought for a moment. "I think in a couple minutes. Make sure to grab an umbrella—I don't want you to get cold." I nod my head, heading downstairs to the kitchen.

☂︎

We're all standing in a sorta circle near the oak tree which King Kong Luther thought was a good idea because being the "daddies boy" of the family, he knows the old mans "favorite spot".