[ 𝟎𝟐𝟐 ] 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲

"The hell is wrong with you, Luther? I just told you the world's gonna end in ten days," spoke Five to Luther.

"Yeah, well, you're always saying that," Luther responds trying to walk away, but I stop him.

"And so far he's been right," I shrug.

"Look, you guys want to go save the world? Knock yourselves out. All right? I already got a job," Luther tells us.

Five and I both look at each other with confused glances. "Wait, you work in this shithole?" Five asks.

"Yeah. Well my boss owns the place. I'm his body man."

I look at him baffled. "What kinda prostitute job is that?" I snort.

"What's that? Like a masseuse or something?" Five motions to Luther's body.

"Okay, you guys can make fun all you want, but I take good care of Mr. Ruby."

Is this gorilla kidding?

"Wait, Ruby? The Jack Ruby? The gangster who shot Oswald?" I interrogate.

"Yeah, the one and only," Luther smirks, acting as if he's proud.

"Well, it finally happened. That gorilla DNA has taken over your mind," Five says as I nod in agreement.

"Hey, watch it, all right? Jack's a good friend."

"And you're Number One. Número Uno. Remember?" I remind as Luther shakes his head in disagreement.

"There is no Number One. Not anymore. Not in 1963. Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year. What did you expect?"

Five huffs. "I get it, all right? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded, and I marooned your big dumb ass in time. I'm sorry, okay? But I'm asking for help Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you."

"Listen. You're the genius who said we should jump. Right? You're the one who got us stuck here. And you're the one who said we had to bring Vanya," he pointed to me then continued, "So if there is a doomsday she's probably the cause. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you."

Luther turns towards me. "And you. You think you're all that with your powers when you're not. I was alone here for a year. So, don't act like you had it hard when you didn't—"

Before he could say anything, f/c flashed from my irises as a f/c mist started to wrap around his throat.

"I was here for twenty-three years, Luther. Twenty-three years by myself. I tried everyday for years to try and find you guys, and I've even lost someone I cared about during that time. So, stop with the year shit and get with the program, alright?" Luther desperately nods as I let him out of my grasp and he gasps for air. Shaking my head, I walk over to the bar, leaving him and Five behind.

"Aren't you a little too young to be at a strip club?" the waiter cleaning a glass asks me.

"Whatever. Who cares? Could you get me a Jack Daniels. Two please," I place down a five dollar bill. "Keep the change." he nods and turns around, preparing the drinks.