[ 𝟎𝟑𝟖 ] 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐉.𝐄 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐝

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

The three walked into the Commission shivering from the cold. Lila let out a laugh as she looked around the place and soon Five and Y/n mimicked the action.

Everything was in ruins.

Pieces of the place were on the ground and things were knocked off the walls.

"Holy shit." Lila looked toward the ceiling. "I was just here. How long was I bloody gone?"

Five moved to Lila's left as Y/n moved forward and stood in the middle of the room. "It seems the grandfather paradox is affecting everything." Five set down the briefcase and rubbed his left wrist. He was tired from carrying around the case.

"Is that possible?" Lila and Y/n both asked as they looked at the boy.

"I stopped tracking what was possible a long time ago." He bent back down and grabbed the briefcase once again. A distant rubbing moved along the building as the ceiling began to fall. "Y/n, watch out!"

Y/n looked up and placed her hands above her head and the rubble started to float in the air. She shot both hands out to the side and the rocks went both ways as she regained her breath from the encounter scaring her. "Shit." She looked up and moved away from the spot.

"We better get moving. I'll check the Infinite Switchboard," directed Five as he made his way to the stairs.

"And I'll check Herb's office. Little cockroach can survive anything." Lila nodded off.

"Where do you guys think I can find the books for mind methods? Or anything about the mind?" Y/n piped up.

"Come with me." Lila looked at her. "I bet we can stop at the Eternal Library. There's gotta be something on it there."

Y/n nodded. "All right." She moved to where Lila stood. "Be careful, Five."

"I will," he answered and smiled softly now moving up the stairs.

Lila took a few steps forward before looking behind herself at Five who was on the staircase. "Bye."

Five responded, "See ya."

She took a few steps again, but turned around once more to blurt out, "Miss you."

To which Five responded with, "I'll miss Y/n, but not you. That's weird." Y/n chuckled.

"Alrighty then," uttered Lila as she headed down the hallway with Y/n behind her. "Now, follow me. We're going on a journey."

☂︎

The two had walked down a narrowed hallway for what felt like forever. Y/n had no idea the Commission was this big, but she made a reminder to never go there again.

"How much farther?" she asked the woman in front of her who was the tour guide of the expedition.

"Not much." Lila stepped over a few pieces of rubble. "Ah! Here we are!" Lila stopped in front of a door and read the sign that was posted on the door.