[ 𝟎𝟒𝟔 ] 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

a/n: so i have a maze runner black oc x newt book that ive had in my drafts for a few months now, and ive uploaded it before, but quickly took it down because i didn't think anyone would like it. since the chapters to this book are going to soon come to an end, would you guys like me to publish the book to keep you entertained?

also, i was thinking of adding a few scenarios to this book as like kind of side stories to add so that this book doesn't seem dry af once it's done, but it all depends if i end up wanting to do it—i have no clue. would you guys like if i did that too with suggestions from you guys so you all get what you want?—i just have so many ideas to be honest, so in later dates, i'll come out with a more complete statement.

anyways, on with the chapter :)

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

Luther swung the microphone wire around as he waited for his part to come back on the song he was singing karaoke on. Mace had no idea how much time had passed, but he was having such a good time, that he didn't want it to end.

He sat beside Viktor as they both held cups of alcohol in their hands, watching their older brother as he sang his heart out. He would sneak in laughs and chuckled with his brother as Luther tried to hit high notes, but failed miserably.

"Get it, Luther!" cheered Klaus as he held his cup in the air.

"Every now and then I fall apart," he sang into the mic. "Every now and then I fall apart. And I need you now tonight. I fսckin' need you more than ever."

"Doesn't he have the voice of an angel?" Klaus asked the group who stayed silent with Five sipping his drink and Diego lighting a cigar. "Yeah, baby, hit those high notes."

Viktor added a quick, "Woo!" as Luther continued.

"We'll be holding on forever!"

Klaus put his hands in the air as he danced along. "Sing it, baby"

"Can't believe Luther's the first one of us that gets hitched," Diego put out as Mace nodded in agreement.

"I can. I caught him marrying my action figures in, like, third grade." Viktor took a sip of his drink as Mace laughed.

"Did not." Klaus gasped with a chuckle.

He lifted his glass up to his lips. "I remember when you told me that. The look of horror on your face when you realized they were gone, then you walked in on Luther and told me you were "scarred for life". Huh. Good times."

Diego shook his head. "This isn't how I pictured our bachelors' party, you know?"

"Well, the world's running a little short on strippers and tea cakes right now," Klaus spoke the obvious as Mace chuckled.

Five then added, "Just surprised you didn't invite Daddy Dearest to come join us."

"Oh, come on. He's such a kind and thoughtful soul. He's not like our Hargreeves. Au contraire. But I'll admit I needed a break from the old dog," admitted Klaus.

"Nothing I can say. Total eclipse of the heart." Luther made a heart motion with his hands as he ended the song, dropping the mic on the ground and getting up from his bent-down position.

"Woo!" Viktor cheered as Luther came over.

"What're you SOBs so down in the mouth about? This is a party." Mace scooted a bit to the side so that the newly engaged man can sit on his left.