[ 𝟎𝟑𝟗 ] 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐜𝐞, 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

The three traveled through the Commission trying to find the operations bunker. Y/n held a book in her hand which showed the information she read while trying the sitting method and was now reading about the bath method. Lila had the other book in her hand, not reading it, but holding it so Y/n could read hers.

Y/n had her headphones in her ears and listened to the song Stayin' Alive as she peered her eyes over the page thoroughly before moving on to the next one. She was committed to finding any information that could help her enter Mace's mind.

And with his I.D, it may be harder than expected.

"This is just like a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit," stated Five as he, Lila, and Y/n walked up the stairs. Lila stood to Fives left as Y/n trekked a few steps behind. "There's no clear directives in here about crisis management." He closed the book, fed up with not finding any information he was happy with. "You know, Lila, I shouldn't even be here. I was . . . I was out. I was done, and yet here I am, swept back into the chaos. Why can't I just escape this hellhole?" Five scratched his neck as he turned his head to make sure Y/n was still behind them.

"Because you love it." Lila turned the corner along with Five and pulled on Y/n's sweater so she turned the right way.

"Thanks," said Y/n, but quite loudly as the music blared into her ears. She headed toward Five, passing him as he let out a fart. Lila scrunched her face and looked toward the younger boy.

He then let out a, "My bad." Five gave a solum look before following Y/n's footsteps forward as her nose was deep in the book.

She walked straight into a lift of stairs and that knocked her out of a trance. "You wanna fight?" she looked toward the stair lift and spoke. Lila had to pull her away before she Hulk smashed the thing.

"Face it, Five, apocalypse problems are the only things that get your heart pumping." Lila continued walking, taking the book away from Y/n and plucking one of her headphones out. "I'm keeping this until we leave."

"Oh, suck my dick, mom," she exaggerated as she paused her music and put her headphones around her neck. "If I said that to my mom, she would've beat my ass, though," Y/n chuckled as she uttered to herself.

"I don't know why people keep saying that," Five said in confusion. "I don't actually like chaos. I don't want disorder. I . . . I want retirement," he reiterated. 

Lila laughed.  "Yeah, right. What? Normal life of groceries and taxes? You would die of boredom."

"Yeah, well, you're not exactly cut out for domestic bliss either," said Five as he opened the door for the three of them that were at the end of the pathway.

"'Course I'm bloody not. Thank God!" Lila said in relief as she and Y/n went through the door. "I mean, maybe it's a tone thing?" They walked down a pair of stairs. "I don't know, but you could really work on, like, the way you speak. It's very . . . It's irritating." They turned left and hopped over a file cabinet that was laid flat on the floor. "I'm just saying it's something you can work on, you know? For the future."

Five sighed as he displayed a grin on his face which alerted both women. "The hell you so happy about?" Y/n asked. 

"Why are you smiling, you little pisspot?" Lila became curious as well.

"'Cause of that." Five pointed to the door that had the sign Operations Bunker in blue above it.

"Well, shit . . . " Y/n breathed out.