[ 𝟎𝟎𝟔 ] 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐫𝐮𝐧

___________________________________

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

17 years ago

It was the around 11:55 in the Hargreeves house hold and everyone was scattered in places around the house. Two of them, Y/n and Ben, were in the library looking for a new book to read.

"Hey, Y/n," Ben called over his shoulder to the girl that's behind him, looking at another bookshelf, "What about this one?" Ben pulls out a book, reading the authors name aloud, "James Patterson. Ever heard of him? The books called The Beach House."

Y/n turned to him. "Yeah, that one's great. You can read it, I'll just find another one."

Ben flashes her a smile. "Okay, thanks."

As they both were about to sit down to read the lunch bell rings interrupting them. All of the 8 children run down the stairs, into their spots to eat. Standing patiently behind their chairs.

Luther and Allison across from each other, Diego and Klaus across from one other, Five and Y/n mimicking, and Vanya and Ben doing the same. Reginald walks in a quarter minute later, rushing towards his chair and looks over his children.

He slides his chair out before him. "Sit," he announces taking a seat as everyone pulls their chairs back and sits, beginning to eat.

While at the table, Luther and Allison made goo goo eyes at each other, Diego craves into the table with his knife, Klaus was "secretly" rolling up a blunt—even though it was totally obvious, Ben was reading the new book him and Y/n found, and Vanya and Y/n were having a conversation telepathically.

As to Five, he was staring down Reginald, holding his hand in a fist and clenching his jaw tightly.

'I'm going to see what's up with Five' Y/n tells Vanya telepathically who nods an 'okay'. 'What's up with you? Are you okay?'

He looks at her with a serious face before turning his head and glares back at Reginald. Fed up with something, he stabs his knife into the table earring everyone's attention.

"Number 5?" Reginald cuts his meat.

"I have a question," Five sets his hand under his chin, letting go of the knife he just stabbed into the table.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." Reginald points his knife towards the record player.

Five pushes his plate forward, making a scene. "I want to time travel," he demands.

"No," the man responds, turning his attention back to his food.

"But I'm ready," Five talks back. He forced his chair back and stood up. "I've been practicing my spacial jumps just like you said," he clenches his hands into a ball as a blue mist surrounds him and he spacial jumps next to the old man. "See!" he tries to prove a point.

"A spacial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."