Oh for the love of cookies!

I'm in a ballroom. I look down and see myself dressed in an emerald ball gown and silver heels. A man dressed in a black suit and a green tie takes some steps toward me but I can't make out his face. Feeling Good by Micheal Bublé starts playing in the background.

He stretches his palm out to me and without thought, I take it and courtesy, and he bows slightly. We waltz. He spins me and dips me and we move synchronously.

Alas, when he spins me out and reels me back in, I place my hands on his chest for balance and his face is revealed.

My boss? I catch him smirking and his voice was deep as he said. "You're late stupid."

As he said that, his grip on me tightened and I instantly shoved him back and away from me.

"Louise!! You're going to be late!" The faint sound of Dre's voice made my eyes flutter open.

"Master asked me to take you to the supermarket!"

"What?" I call out groggily and turn off my alarm that had been going on for a while now. It was currently 7:00 am and the boss was probably awake by now.

My eyes opened fully and the sleep immediately disappeared from them. I rushed to the door and opened it, drinking in the sight of Dre.

He was dressed in a navy blue polo shirt that held his frame, black jeans, and sneakers.

"10 minutes!" I raised 10 fingers and shut the door in his face, screaming a sorry behind me.

I probably just took the fastest shower to ever be recorded and threw on a T-shirt and blue jeans. I was tying my hair into a high ponytail when the images of the dream I had moments ago, popped into my head.

"Why in the world would I dream of my boss?" I muttered to myself as I placed my feet inside my boots.

I looked at the mirror and there was one word for how I appeared. Desperation.

I was determined to make enough money to sustain mum and myself so I didn't care how desperate I looked or how rude the boss was.

I had already accepted this job and there was no turning back. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? Right?

I grabbed my small purse and read through the folder which had my schedule. "I have to prepare breakfast, sweep and mop the floors till he could see his reflection." I rolled my eyes at that part.

"Then I have to clean all of the windows, vacuum the carpets, organize his files alphabetically, prepare lunch and take it to his office. He doesn't eat out? That's unusual." I continued soliloquizing.

The list of things I was to do in a day was quite overwhelming and I wondered why there was so much to do with only one maid.

Sorry, two. Clara said I would be of extra help to her.

I closed the folder and rushed out of my room door, bumping into Dré in the process.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry!" I say starting to get flustered as his hands steadied my sides.

"It's okay. Are you ready?" Dré asked looking at his watch.

"Yeah, but I have a few things to do first. I guess you must already know." I replied smoothing my dress.

"Yeah. You could finish the kitchen chores first, in about 30 minutes, then we leave. Produce is always best bought in the mornings. You can finish up your chores when we get back. And master leaves at 8."

"Understood." I saluted playfully and the both of us chuckled. We just stared at each other after the laughter died down and this was starting to get awkward.