Marilyn Monroe.

Picture of the flowers⬆️

I woke up with a throbbing head and a massive hangover at 11 am. I already expected the worst. Mr. Charlie and I had drank one too many bottles last night.

I groggily pulled myself up from my bed and moved to the bathroom to douse myself with boiling water.

I needed some coffee to fully wake up my senses.

Once I was done showering, I threw on an old oversized t-shirt and some sweatpants and wrapped my hair in a towel.

I had taken some ibuprofen for myself as well while getting for my boss, so I swallowed it and finished the water in the cup.

I walked out of my room, rubbing my temple as I made my way toward the kitchen. I was taken aback by the figure I saw in the kitchen and visibly shook in surprise which caused the towel on my head to plop down onto the floor.

In front of me was an equally hungover man who was drinking a cup of coffee and wincing from his obvious headache. He rose his head up and met my eyes. I immediately cleared my throat and picked up the towel hanging it over my shoulder like a bartender.

"Good morning." I whispered and walked over to the espresso machine to make a cup of cappuccino.

We stood in silence while the machine buzzed as my drink poured slowly into the cup. I could feel his eyes bore into the back of my head.

"I didn't know you were already up. I was about making you a light breakfast." I turned to look at him, coffee in my hand.

He didn't say anything and continued to drink his own coffee. I took a few sips of mine and began making his breakfast.

I settled for the English breakfast. I cracked two eggs and fried them in a pan while toasting some bread slices in another. I then proceeded to cut some tomato slices and take out the can of baked beans.

The breakfast was made in a couple of minutes and I gave the plate to Mr. Charlie. I placed our now empty coffee cups in the sink and took out the carton of orange juice when he finally spoke.

"You really like seeing my naked body don't you Louise?"

I dropped the carton to the ground and my face flustered. I tried to regain my composure quickly so I picked up the carton and closed the fridge. "What do you mean, sir?"

"You know exactly what I mean Louise." I swear if he says my name like that one more time I will lose my shit. Not only was my head throbbing, but now my heart was too. I had to get out of here. Did he really have to bring up that part of last night?

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have plans today so I don't want to run late. If you need me, you can call me." I breathed out and briskly walked to my room not looking back as he shouted behind me.

"You can pretend all you want but we both know the truth." He said in a mock tone while laughing.

I ignored him and closed my room door resting against it. Slapping both of my cheeks I chanted a mantra: You have a date today, get your boss out of your head dammit!

I spent the next 30 minutes getting ready for my date with André. I applied light makeup and used my signature red lipstick to finish the look. I then straightened my crazy hair before wearing my outfit.