André's Pov.

Louise was about to tell me what food she wanted to have for dinner. My eyes caught a shiny metal object that seemed to come in her direction of her. Without thinking, I pushed her behind me and the object slid inside of me.

My face contorted as the masked man twisted the object inside of me and snatched it out of my abdomen. I screamed. The pain was immeasurable.

I immediately plastered my hand on the wound to apply pressure as blood began to flow.

There were two men and my eyes flit between them. They were going to hurt Louise. She seemed to be their target as they weren't immediately attacking me.

Why would someone want to attack her? I had no idea. What I knew was that I had to protect Louise whatever it took. She couldn't end up getting stabbed like me. This pain would be too much for her. Louise screamed and called out to me.

"Dré." she took a step closer but I immediately held out my hand behind me to stop her.

"These guys are after you. Stay right behind me." I said.

I lurched at the men and attempted to hold them off. Louise called the police, now I just have to hold them off till they arrived. I got a faint idea it was the chairman's handiwork.

Louise said Charlie told her he ignored her to protect her. That was the same thing Charlie did to me years ago and what we vaguely discussed days ago. The chairman wanted to get rid of Louise.

I managed to subdue them, the pain in my side increasing as my sweater got wetter with each passing second.

Police sirens were heard some distance away and the men escaped. Breathing heavily, I lost my balance and fell to the floor.

Louise rushed over to me and placed my head on her thighs.

I smiled while talking with her. I was just glad she was safe. Glad I was the one in pain and not her.

Rain began to fall and I lost consciousness. My eyes fluttered as I was propped up on a surface and carried somewhere.

I saw Louise's frame limp in the cold rain, head hung low. Why was she staying in the rain? She was going to catch a cold at this rate. That was the last thing I remembered before slipping into darkness.

The next time I regained consciousness, I was under a bright light and the smell of spirit hit my nostrils. Was I being operated on?

I felt numb and felt pain all around my body at the same time. My only regrets were I wasn't going to be able to say proper goodbyes to mum, Charlie, and Louise. At least I was able to spend my last moments with the girl I loved and protected her.

This is it. This is how I end. My eyes closed once again and that was all I remembered.