An Unexpected Directioner.

Louise's Pov
I turn around while drinking water from my glass cup as I was met with a wide-eyed Charlie.

"Louise." His voice rasped.

"Mr. Charlie." I said. He just stared at me and although he didn't say anything, his eyes held a thousand words.

"You got back quite early. I thought you'd be out for longer." I said quietly. He still did not say anything and my mind went back to earlier today when he was out on a date.

I had the thought in the back of my mind that those two would be together considering the number of times they had lunch and dinner together, but I didn't want to think about it. What was I expecting? A fairytale ending like a romance novel? Pfft. I was kidding myself.

She was really pretty though, Rebecca. They looked good together. Do you really mean that?

Yeah!

No.

"I'm still tired from the trip, I haven't been able to rest properly." Mr. Charlie blinked and finally said.

"Oh. Did you.." Don't ask Louise. Don't do it.

"Did you enjoy your date?" I mentally face palmed myself. It was not my place to ask that. Argh.

"It was okay I guess." Were you expecting him to say it sucked?

"I see...what would you like to have for dinner? I'll pass it on to Miss Clara." I dropped the cup on the counter. He moved toward the refrigerator which was beside me and opened it.

He had that same men's cologne scent that tied knots in my stomach. He grabbed a bottle of water and opened it, then drank out of it.

His adam's apple bopped up and down as he gulped the water. I swallowed and looked down, walking to the opposite side of the kitchen to keep some distance between us. I then turned away from him and fanned my face with my hand.

"I want something light to the tummy. Pasta?"

I cleared my throat. "Pasta. Cool. Pasta's nice. I like Pasta."

He looked at me like I was acting weird, which I obviously was, and broke into a smile before walking up the stairs and to his room.

I sighed and walked in the direction of Miss Clara's room and knocked softly on her door. "Come in." Her voice called out.

I entered Miss Clara's room. I had been here only twice. It had that homey feeling with wooden decor and smelled like what I presume scented flowers smell like. She sat on her chair with knitting pins and wool in her hand.

"Please. Sit." She motioned a hand to her bed which was directly opposite her. I sat gently on the neatly made bed so as not to ruffle the sheets.

She dropped the items on her lap and looked at me smiling. "You haven't come here in a while. I feel like we rarely see each other nowadays."

"I know. Since my job description changed, I haven't really been in the house. I've always been stuck to Mr. Charlie like honey." I said and chuckled.

"I see you've had to spend a lot of time with him. How was your business trip?" she asked beginning to knit again.

"It was really good at first, but it became extremely stressful for the rest of the week. So much to do." I sighed.

"But you like your job, right?"

"More than I thought I would yeah. I learn every day and go to a lot of places. It's really fun."

Miss Clara chuckled lowly and nodded her head.