Taming the Master.

"Charlie. I'm sorry for yelling at you at the hospital. I was just looking for someone to release my frustration and sadness on." Clara said to Charlie the next day.

"You don't have to apologize Clara. If anything, I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry for closing you and André off all these years and not treating you better. Despite my unruly behavior towards you two, I still wasn't able to protect André from that man." Charlie said looking at the ground, head hung low in guilt.

"Oh, Charlie. There's no need to ponder about the past. You don't have to be sorry about your father's actions. You and he are two different people and I'm glad you're nothing like him, although I won't say I don't resent him with my whole heart, but he's paying for his crimes and that's good enough for me." She said and wiped a stray tear from her cheek as Charlie nodded, the two of them smiling.

She took his hand in hers. "I can not work for you any longer. It's too painful for me to be here. Everything reminds me of him, I..I.." Charlie pulled her into a hug and she slowly hugged him back.

"It's okay Clara. I was going to tell you to stop working here if you hadn't suggested it. I couldn't possibly do that to you; making you work here still."
They pulled away and Clara stroked his cheek with her thumb.

"I always told myself I had two sons. André and you. That won't ever change. Thank you for mending your relationship with him before he passed. It means a lot to me."

"Thank you for always taking care of me. I considered you more of a mother than my mother herself. I'll visit you often." Charlie said smiling brightly at her and she nodded.

Clara then turned to face me and smiled at me, staring at me for a couple of seconds before engulfing me in a huge hug.

"Mía. Stop blaming yourself already. Don't make André's decision seem futile. He was a grown adult and made that decision solely on his own. I'm sure he would do it over again if we went back in time." She pulled me away and stared me in the eyes.

"Your eyes are exactly like André's. Very beautiful too."

I rubbed the side of her arm and said to her. "Take care of yourself. I'll come to see you. And in the near future, my mum would love to have lunch with you."

"I would love to meet your mother." She gave a warm smile. I hugged her once more.

She waved to us and exited the mansion. I looked at Charlie and locked my hands together, fidgeting my fingers.

"So.." I cleared my throat. "Charlie."

"You want something don't you?" He smirked at me.

"Ah, you got me. I was wondering if I could take some time off from work. I know it's bad timing as you're getting very busy with the new position and have lots to do and-"

"Louise." He cut me off shaking his head and smiling.

"What does everyone take me for? Some arrogant boss? I know you need the time to grieve and so do I. I'm not that inconsiderate." He scoffed.

"Well, you weren't exactly a peachy boss either. Have you forgotten you upfront insulted my outfit on our first encounter, were possessive, and...shall I continue?" I asked and Charlie winced, probably in embarrassment.

"Argh. Louise. It's long overdue but I am truly sorry for how I treated you and addressed you. James was constantly being a pain in the behind and it was on full power mode then." He said facepalmed.

I giggled at him. He was cute when he was embarrassed. "It's alright Charlie."

"I'll be gone for a month, spend some time with my mum and quickly rush over to you to assist you."